Monday, November 9, 2009

An Explanation from the Pilgrim

Dear Pals:

It's been awhile since I posted here on Pilgrim Pals. I've been struggling in a deep, dark hole of depression that has been more debilliating that any past episode. I lost all motivation to write, compose music or to do almost anything. Of course this was the time when I needed my Pals the most but I retreated instead of reaching out.

We continue to share our username and password with the writer's group that I was a member of...The Writer's Crucible. I resigned from the group several months ago due to my hectic schedule and the state of my mental health. This is an excellent group of Christian writers. Due to some internal conflicts with the group, they changed the password in order to maintain the integrity of their blog. Apparently the change was communicated to me but I either missed it or forgot it. Subsequently none of the Pilgrim Pals could log on to our blog any longer.

I now have the new password. The username is the same as before. I'm asking Terry to communicate the new password to each of you. As you can see I have reformatted the blog to a wider style which will accommodate YouTube video clips and other graphics more readily.

Even though I'm still not well, I'm going to post some of my "in the midst of depression" posts with the prayer that these scribblings will be a blessing and an encouragement to the Pals and to other who visit this site.

Thanks for your prayers, dear friends, and please forgive me for my extended absence. I love you all.

Pilgrim David

Let's carry on where we left off...praying for each other and trusting God to do His marvelous work in our lives.

6 comments:

Terry said...

dear david...so nice you are back.
are you going to send me the password?
can you send it to my gmail address?
thanks david...love terry

David Fisher said...

I just sent you the password Terry! Thanks for your patience!

Blessings!

David

Julie (Little Missionary) said...

Welcome back David - good to have you here! Blessings to you.

Julie

jel said...

hey Big Fish, good to hear from ya!

take care!

Felisol said...

Dear Pilgrim Father David,
welcome home.
I send you some words from Isaiah which have proven to be true in my life.
45:3 I will give you the treasures of darkness,
riches stored in secret places,
so that you may know that I am the LORD,
the God of Israel, who summons you by name.
First time marked in my Bible 12.8.75. I've visited the dark places, but also found treasures I couldn't live without.
From Felisol

Saija said...

i pray that God will meet your needs, where you are, and lift you to a place, where He is ...

i understand a little of depression ... 2009 has been that way for me ... with my sisters health and other factors rolled into a very stressful year ... i console myself with "only for a season - and all for a reason" ...

blessings on you -