Friday, April 30, 2010

Update

Hi Pilgrims, thanks for your prayers - I'm doing okay these days - hanging in there. I have a big decision to make. I was interviewed and offered another position - it's temporary for up to 1 year - my current position would be held for me, according to Union rules. On one hand I'm happy but on the other I do have a few concerns about going to the other work site - mainly - women (sorry) but my experience in the past as a quiet, subdued woman is that other women with a more controlling/bullying nature "prey" on people like me and take me "down". There are mainly women in the other job, so I'm very leery. Besides that, I am really not sure if this is a good time to bring this kind of upheaval to my life - I'm just getting settled and back to normal everyday life. Although there doesn't seem to be a lot too do in my current position and a couple other minor negatives, there are positive things too (eg location is great, laid back/not so intense environment, it's more of a "blue collar" environment and I like that, and most people are really friendly), perhaps if I give my boss a chance by talking to him he'll make some changes. He is away for a few days next week but I will talk to him when he is back - please pray I make a wise decision!!
thanks.

Little Missionary

4 comments:

Felisol said...

Dear Julie,
I will pray for you, indeed I will.
If your current position is OK, I'd think twice about switching.
Like you say, blue collar people are fine people.
Please continue counting stars in the darkness.
(You know, we wouldn't even see one single star, were we not in the dark.)
If you have a boss you can talk with, that's great.
Mind you, we all have the best boss above, caring and protecting all around the clock.
There'll be minor negativeness wherever we are. Some we'll have to cope with, if only the positive experiences outnumber the negative ones.
I wish you the very best, always.
From Felisol

Pilgrim Pals said...

Dearest Julie:

Be assured of my prayers during this time of uncertainty. As you know, I've been there and I understand!

Felisol, thank you so much for your encouraging words for Julie. Your wisdom and love for your fellow Pals is always so refreshing.

Standing with the Pals,

David

Terry said...

dear little missionary julie...i just heard from pilgrim david and he is praying for you...you have been such a faithful pal.
this is such a hard decision for you to make.
it seems like the job you are doing now has a lot of positive, but i guess you are wise not deciding right away about the other job, and waiting on the lord...so easy for me to be saying this but in my own life with decisions...so hard to wait!....you are a good girl.....love terry

Julie (Little Missionary) said...

Thanks for your encouraging words my friends. Felisol I love what you said about we wouldn't see a single star if not for the darkness.....how true! There are "treasures" in darkness and Christ is the ultimate Light in the darkness!