Thursday, November 8, 2007

Be Still And Know I Am God

Be still and know that I am God...I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth...Psalm 46:10


I have been quiet, showing up periodically to share a scripture or to ask for prayer...a vessel unable to be filled in its present state, cracked and broken....in need of restoration and repair.....a task only accomplished by the Divine Master...
Be still and know that I am God


Reading the scriptures is great; thinking about the scriptures is great...but neither of those will ever be enough for the professing believer in Jesus Christ. The believer must do what He teaches.....cleanse themselves through the Word...submerge themselves in a spiritual bath....

I am more conscious than ever of the Divine Presence and thus, my desire to meet God in adoring silence, increases. With reverence and Godly fear my plea is for a hungry heart....a hunger so deep that I may never be satisfied; that I may never step outside of His boundaries of grace, mercy, peace and love...understanding the believer's walk is done circumspectly, understanding God's grace does not wipe out His moral laws.

When I hear "Be still and know I am God", it does not mean I am sitting in a corner twiddling my thumbs...it means I am praying, worshipping, reading His word, walking in His light....I am entwined with the Lord....while I am waiting on the Lord....

October was a long month....it began with the exciting news that my niece (the daughter of my sister killed in Sept 2001) was six weeks pregnant with her first baby. At eight weeks, the Lord called the little one home to be with Him....

Then came the news of Ron's aunt....her battle with cancer lost....she too, called home to be with the Lord...her eighty years of life here on earth ended peacefully, surrounded by her five daughters. I managed to get Ron a flight into Memphis and God helped us financially as the airlines provided him with a bereavement fare. I always thought those fares were only offered to members of immediate family.

The following Monday my sister underwent bypass surgery. She is by far, the healthiest member of my family; one who exercised and maintained what doctors considered a healthy diet and lifestyle...but none-the-less, she is the fourth member of our family to be struck with heart disease...so I am now being encouraged to go have the tests done....find out how many of my arteries are blocked....hmmmmm...I shall have to see. She had a double bypass instead of a triple and is now recovering at home. I prayed for her salvation and I prayed for her healing. I was able to visit with her at her home last Friday...and she looks wonderful and is recovring beautifully.

The same day of my sister's surgery (although un-be-known to her) her son's wife, five months pregnant with their third child, could not feel the baby moving inside her. An emergency ultrasound revealed there was no heart beat. After one week, the doctors induced labor to assist her with the birth. As a believer in Jesus Christ, I found myself on my knees where I was able to find comfort and closure; but to a non-believer, the sadness, the uncertainty of life after death, the why did this happen to me questions, can go on forever without ever finding peace.

Last week, my daughter's car broke down and I became her chauffeur, providing transportation to work and shopping. Because of her situation and with no excess funds available, God is blessing Ron and I with the finances and the wisdom to help provide for her and Vera....

There is a need, a very present need to provide care for our elders. I have the privilege to be associated with a company that does just that. Two weeks ago, one of the caregivers was on the job when she suffered cardiac arrest. Unfortunately the senior who was being cared for was an Alzheimer's patient and could not, in her mind, process what was occurring and did not call 9-1-1 right away. Even though the family decided to place her on life support, a dedicated and loving caregiver passed last Wednesday. I did not know her or if she was saved....but I was given a chance to pray for this young woman and my faith and trust, my hope lies in Jesus Christ..and that she called upon His name in her final breaths...

There is not one circumstance mentioned here that I have not directly or indirectly experienced at some level myself......I lived through my mother's battle with cancer and death, I found my brother in his apartment after his massive heart attack, I cared for my oldest sister when she had her quadruple bypass surgery, one of my babies is resting with our Father in heaven, my earthly father rescued me financially when I was in need back in 1972, I was once a non-believer looking for answers, for peace, for something or someone to hope in , to love, to trust...

I serve an awesome God and with it comes the responsibility and incredible joy to live my life in alignment with His word, to minister to others and to pray for the salvation of many. I am thankful to be one of His precious treasures, willing to let Him do His work in me....

Be Still and know I am God.....




Sunrise 10/26/07-Driving Home From Work
Posted by Donna

3 comments:

Terry said...

Dear Donna....Just on my way out and I can't enjoy this wonderful post. I just sped read it but I will be back to slowly read it.
I was wondering so much about how your sister is doing and I am so glad that she is doing good!!!...Love Terry

Pilot Mom said...

Donna, this is beautifully written expressing the hope we find in Christ. Like you I cannot fathom how one moves through these life "issues" not knowing Christ. Thanks for taking the time to share. I appreciated it.

Vicki said...

A beautiful post, Donna. I came here before and read it, just didn't have time that night to comment. You've been through so much in your life,Donna, yet I see God's unmistakeable imprint on you. PTL! Whatever sorrow we face, His grace undergirds, sustains,and strengthens us. Your life is sheer proof of the Savior's great big love.

To God be the glory!
~V.