Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Dad Golden's Old Fireman Friend

Here is a picture of Dad Golden, reading a letter from a man that he worked with over 4o years ago when they were both in the air force as fire fighters in Rivers, Manitoba.

Here is the letter...

Hello!
My name is Phillip Stoddard and I am a friend of your Dads from CJATC Rivers. WE worked together at the fire hall.
Roy Hunby from Newfoundland worked on the same shift as well as Keith Willows. I don't know if your Dad will remember me but I have some fond memories from our days together. I got this info from firehouse .com as I am a member. I got your blog from Joy Humby who you will remember from RCI. Its nice to know some of your old friends are still alive and doing well for the age. Please say hello to your Father for me. I am a Christian and attend Pentecostal church in Yarmouth Nova Scotia. I will pray for your Dad that the Holy Spirit will reveal Himself and he will be gloriously saved and you will all see the family in the heavenlies. Its hard to see family pass without knowing the Lord but we don't speak up when we get the chance and go through life lukewarm. Please tell Dad being a Christian does not hurt and the great load will be lifted from his life. I don't know how he will take this from me but then again if we don't try then we will never know. Thank you for this small favour and maybe we can chat sometime. Phil Stoddard (phillip_patricia

PS Dad goes in tomorrow for 1:30 and his operation will be a 3:30...


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

will be praying for your Dad..

donna

Terry said...

Thanks Donna, It means a lot!...Love Terry

Felisol said...

Dear Terry,
just want to say that I'll pray once more before going to bed, and remind you that I wake up eight hours earlier than you. I'll continue my prayer privileges then.'
From Felisol

Anonymous said...

Thinking of U and Dad Golden , Terry ---------

Do not worry dear Terry ----

Anonymous said...

Oh, PT!!! Thank you for stopping by every now and then! I really miss U a lot!!! God bless you.

I'll be praying, too...

Pilot Mom said...

What a blessing from the Lord!! Isn't this the neatest thing?!!

I'm praying too!

Good to hear from you PT!! I pray your Thanksgiving was very blessed!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lord Jesus, please be with Mr. Golden this evening: Grant him peace as he sleeps. When his thoughts turn to you, Oh Lord, may he talk to You as to a friend, knowing that You are right there beside him. Lord, you say in Your Word, that before they call You will answer, and while they are yet speaking, You will hear. Jesus, please draw Mr. Golden unto you, that his heart may call unto You…and please hear and answer him. Please grant his family peace; guide the surgeon’s hand, and give those in the operating room Your wisdom. Thank you Lord for Your faithfulness. Thank you that You promised to never leave us nor forsake us. May Mr. Golden feel You presence surrounding him at all times. Thank you, Jesus. In Jesus’ Name we pray, Amen.

Julie (Little Missionary) said...

Praying for dad Golden! Lord, Jesus open dad's eyes that he may see you and invite you into his heart. Lord watch over and guide the doctor's hands tomorrow. Thank you Father for hearing all of our prayers for dad Golden. We know you are working on his spirit and we thank you that he will be saved!

PT - good to "see" you here!

Julie (LM)

David Warren Fisher said...

Dear Terry:

Be assured of my prayers on behalf of Dad Golden. May the Lord direct the hands of the surgeon and bring salvation to your dad.

We love you a lot!

David & Carol