Thursday, December 11, 2008

388 Years Later...Still Going Strong

DID YOU KNOW???

Look at the date in fine print below the Pilgrims picture at the top of our blog. December 11th, 1620. The Pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock 388 years ago today after leaving England where these non-conformists refused to adhere to the statutes of the Church of England.

Now, 388 years after the Mayflower's landing off the coast of American, the Pilgrim Pals are still going strong.

Not confined to the USA, we have Pilgrims in India, Norway, Australia, and even, yes "even" in Canada.

What a special group of Pals we are! Praying Pals who care for one another.

That's real Pilgrim's Progress!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

~ David

3 comments:

Felisol said...

An important point, dear Pilgrim Father.
"That we should pray and never get tired".
This place has meant a lot to me in the years. Just knowing that someone cares. When tired and almost not able to walk, feeling someone checking up on me, caring, lifting.

I especially pray for Terry these days. Haven't heard from her for a long time, but she has not been well.
Let's join forces and pray that the Lord must take special care of the lady who has been the best of prayers and caretakers.
I'll also mention Passing-thru. There's an empty gap on his place. I miss him so, and I never can thank him enough for what he did for me those horrible days when my Dad was dying.
May GOd bless him now and forever.
From Felisol

Terry said...

Now David...I missed your celebration over at the Scribblings but I did give you a belated congratulation!
Did all of you Pals know that the boss celebrated his 4th blogging anniversary?[nov. 27]

Dearest Felisol...I just saw your comment now. Last night in the wee hours of the morning, I was commenting on your latest great post!!....Love Terry

Amrita said...

Amen to that David.

All of us Pals are one in the Spirit no matter which country we belong to.