Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Time for a new Pic!


Thought it was time for an up to date picture - well, November 2007 is pretty up to date. The other one David posted is May 2006 and at least I'm smiling in this one. Just like the other one, this one was taken on mission in a garbage dump in Mexico City. I actually didn't take pictures on my last trip because it was my 4th trip there - nothing much else to take pictures of - plus my batteries kept dying when I did attempt a few pics. Thankfully my friend Cheryl took some pics - some funny ones which I am waiting for her to send me by email and I'll post a few.
Well Pals, what a year! It wasn't one I'll look back on with too much fondness overall. However, there were some blessed moments and I'm trying to focus on them. I still have a roof over my head, a bed to lay on, food on my table, clothes, supportive friends, a job (even though I am unable to work right now), medical benefits to see me through a tough time, Pilgrim Pals to cheer me up and meeting Lauren was a great way to end the year. And best of all, although I often feel deep in a spiritual desert, my heart testifies to me that God is near - He is always near to the brokenhearted. God bless you Pilgrim Pals - Blessings on your New Year!

Little Missionary

2 comments:

Felisol said...

Dear Julie, LBM,
There are so many why's a fewer therefore's as we go- always forwards.
I prayed for a word to share. This is what I got.
Psalm 37 (American Standard Version)

Psalm 37
A Psalm of David.
1Fret not thyself because of evil-doers, Neither be thou envious against them that work unrighteousness.

2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, And wither as the green herb.

3 Trust in Jehovah, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on his faithfulness.

4 Delight thyself also in Jehovah; And he will give thee the desires of thy heart.

5 Commit thy way unto Jehovah; Trust also in him, and he will bring it to pass.

6 And he will make thy righteousness to go forth as the light, And thy justice as the noon-day.

7 Rest in Jehovah, and wait patiently for him: Fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way.

Hope the psalm can bring some light and hope into your life. It sure did to me.

A blessed New Year to all the Pilgrim Pals from Felisol

Julie (Little Missionary) said...

Hi Felisol, that is one of my favorite Psalms - thanks for the word!

Julie