Sunday, December 28, 2008

6:45 A.M.










It's 6:35 in the morning and I am:
  • too tired to get up and
  • too awake to go back to sleep
and so I:
  • rehearse everything that has gone wrong and
  • worry about everything else that could go wrong
when I should be:
  • praising the Lord for all the good things He has done and
  • being thankful that nothing happens in my life that He doesn't allow
and so I determine to:
  • pray about all the things that concern me and cause me to worry
  • commit everything to the Lord and trust Him
but instead I fall asleep and:
  • wake up an hour and a half later and
  • wonder why I was in such a worried state of mind
so now I'm humming the words (in my mind) to an old song that goes like this:
  • Why worry when you can pray?
  • Trust Jesus, He'll be your stay;
  • Don't be a doubting Thomas
  • Just take Him at His promise
  • Why worry, worry, worry, worry
  • When you can pray?
It's now 8:05 a.m. and the Lord will walk with me today, each step of the way.

1 comment:

Felisol said...

I liked that song.
Is it perhaps on YouTube?
I have woken 7ish this whole Christmas time. Have given me time to reflect and pray (not much).
My Carrie ten Boom calendar of today says; "it's not where you are, it is where you are going."
Oh, Lord, lead us gently in thy direction.
From Felisol