Monday, November 3, 2008

I love this site!!!

I would just like to thank each of you for welcoming me in as a PAL!! I absolutely love this site...it is such a joy and blessing to read all the posts on here as well as read the blogs of each of the PALS. I'm so encouraged by the fact that this site...this community of believers joins together to pray for and encourage each other as each of us walks on the Journey that God has us on.
I'm so thankful that although we may all come from various geographic, cultural and denominational backgrounds, we can join together in unity around the Cross of Christ!! I'm so burdened for the Christian Community and how so often we focus on what divides us rather than what unifies us. We focus on the way someone worships rather than the ONE they worship...We focus on what someone wears rather than what the Heart looks like...how it must break God's heart to see HIS children divided.

John 17:20-23
"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me."
Even Jesus prayed for us! He knows how important it is for us as believers to set aside any differences we may have so that we can show this World who He truly is. He knows how the division among the Christian Community can become a roadblock for those seeking to know HIM!

I'm reminded of a song from the late '90's by Clay Crosse...it was called "Saving the World"...
The song begins with the statement:
"So many preachers, so many churches and denominations, got their opinions and their documents and statements and beliefs and sometimes there's a miscommunication, and we complicate the truth, and convolute the story, but as far as I recall, I do believe it all comes down to a man dying on a cross Saving the world, Rising from the dead doing what He said He would do."

May we focus on Christ and how it is only in Him and through Him that man can be saved!!! May we focus on the TRUTH that UNITES us!! We will always have differences in opinion on certain methods and theology, but it is so vital that we don't focus on those differences!!! That's why I love PilgrimPals so much...because it brings us all together in UNITY!!! May we be faithful to share HIS GLORY to all we meet!!!
Thanks again for welcoming this Island Girl into your community!!!
Kelley (Dwelling in His Presence)

3 comments:

Terry said...

Dear Kelly...I am so glad that you finally put a post on.
I have been waiting!!
Thank you so much Prince Edward Island Girl for sending me those beautiful pictures of the red road!!..Thanks.
I am glad that you are here.
Now we need that red haired Robin to write a post, eh?...Love Terry

Julie (Little Missionary) said...

Welcome Kelly....I think I must have missed something along the line because I haven't heard about you until now :)

Love you post on unity - there certainly are too many arguments about what differences we have, but if we follow the ONE who died and rose again for our salvation- Jesus Christ - then that is truly what matters most.

Julie

hebrews 11:1 said...

Hi Kelley!

I have seen your comment before on Scribblings and am glad to see you here on Pals! Welcome!

Love and Prayers,
Lil Pilgrim Pal