Friday, April 11, 2008

Felisol's Uncle Leif Welcomed To Heaven


My very best uncle Leif has had a massive brain hemorrhage a week ago, and is now waiting to meet the Lord and his earthly family in Heaven.His wife and three children are waking by his side 24/7.We are all mourning, hundreds and hundreds of Sunday school pupils, nieces and nephews, athletics, alcoholics and their families, the sick, sailors and foreigns he met through his work, the poor and the elderly.We were all time after time touched by his smile, his sincere concern, his extraordinary charm and vivid enthusiasm.To me the greatest moments were in Sunday school when he would engage a class of 150 pupils so that neither would ever forget their way to heaven.Now he is about to finish his race, and I know there'll be a happy crowd to welcome him.Last year he followed my Dad step by step on his way to heaven. They comforted each other that they soon were going to wear again the beautiful rose-pullovers they got for Christmas as small boys. The grown-ups laughed at the little brethren who wondered if they might wear those beautiful pullovers in Heaven. When my grandma passed away a few years after and left them motherless as small schoolboys, they still were comforted by the thought of the reunion in their rose-pullovers.He left quietly at 02.15 this afternoon, April 10th.All of his nearest and dearest family gathered around him.We lent my uncle, they owned him.

1Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
let me hide myself in thee;
let the water and the blood,
from thy wounded side which flowed,
be of sin the double cure;
save from wrath and make me pure.


2. Not the labors of my hands
can fulfill thy law's commands;
could my zeal no respite know,
could my tears forever flow,
all for sin could not atone;
thou must save, and thou alone.


3. Nothing in my hand I bring,
simply to the cross I cling;
naked, come to thee for dress;
helpless, look to thee for grace;
foul, I to the fountain fly;
wash me, Savior, or I die.


4. While I draw this fleeting breath,
when mine eyes shall close in death,
when I soar to worlds unknown,
see thee on thy judgment throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
let me hide myself in thee.

5 comments:

Felisol said...

Thank you, Terry,
from Felisol

Julie (Little Missionary) said...

Dear Felisol,

Thinking of you and praying.

Love,

Julie (LM)

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, Mrs. Ljung,

LPP

Felisol said...

Dear Julie LM and Little Pilgrim Pal,
thank you for warm thoughts and prayers.
It helps!!!!
From Felisol

Vicki said...

My heart goes out to you and your family, my dear Felisol, and I know your uncle Leif will be missed so much.Please know that you are in my prayers...love, Vicki