Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Ouch!!!

Some of you have asked why I've been noticeably silent regarding the Ottawa Senators recently. To be honest, I didn't know what to say. I still don't! Last night I was at the game in Ottawa. The Canadiens beat the Sens soundly 3-0. The game was bittersweet because I DO like the Habs' young goaltender Carey Price but I wasn't praying for a shutout (which he got).

Nobody seems to be able to figure out the Senators recently. Who would have thought in early November that they'd be struggling to secure a playoff berth during the last week of the season.

Anyhow, it was good to see Mike and Chris Neil (pictured) briefly after the game. As always, Mike played a strong game but the Sens just didn't get any bounces. Little Fish bounced a few Canadiens off the boards though.


Hopefully the Sens can put away the Leafs on Thursday night.


GO SENS GO!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'll be at the game this Friday and I am quite nervous about it!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Pilgrim, you just snuck over there without even telling us you were going...I would have prayed real hard for a Sens win if I knew you were there ;) Honestly, I feel so bad for the Sens right now. I was glad when they started losing, because then the Habs could get 1st place, and this city was rocking! But as the downward spin continued, I became alarmed. And certainly with the position they are in right now, as I told my sister this morning, I can't imagine Ottawa not in the play-offs. That will be so boring. The trip to Ottawa in May will lack all the Sens-flag-spotting fun, and if the Habs are eliminated, I don't know who I'd cheer for in the East. I hope the Sharks make it all the way to the Finals in the West...they have two players whose careers I have really enjoyed following.

LauraMae, Enjoy the game Friday. I won't be listening, because I'll be taking a 24hr sports break (I do that weekly to rest my mind just in case I get too caught up in it all), but I'll still be praying. It's good to see you back here!

Oh, and Pilgrim, Ouch says it all! I winced when I was listening to the radio yesterday and I heard Fish criticized for only having 5 points since the end of January. My mom has always taught us not to criticize athletes' performance, because we never know what they are really going through (she would know--she was there before!), and it is hard now to hear anything negative about Little Fish ever since I first reda about him here.


Go, Sens, Go! May they be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might (Eph. 6:10).

God bless you all,

LPP