Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Value Of A Tiny Flower


My friend Leona Horne sent this to me this morning to my email....
"Good Morning,
Doug is booked to go for His Angiogram and Angioplasty Mon. if this is what will fix the problem. They are also talking about pace maker because His heart is stopping for seconds at a time. It always seems to happen at night.
Leave Welland Hospital at 7:30am.
Oh how I wish I knew He was saved. I feel the Lord keeps speaking to him but he just keeps putting it off but only the Lord knows what he is thinking and He is able.
May the Lord Bless you and keep you, Love in Him Leona
PS.. Doug found this poem in a magazine I found for him to read after being put in his hospital room. He showed it to Frances and said he really liked it and there is a lot of truth in it. People take the time to come to the funeral homes which is good for the family but the person needs us while we are living."


"Give Me Your Flower"

I would rather have one little rose
From the garden of a friend,
Than to have the choicest flowers
When my stay on earth must end.
I would rather have a pleasant word.
In kindness said to me,
Than flattery when my heart is still,
And this life has ceased to be
I would rather have a loving smile
From friends I know are true,
Than tears shed around my casket
When this world I bid adieu.
Bring me all the flowers today,
Whether pink, or white, or red;
I'd rather have one blossom now
Than a truckload when I'm dead............. --Author Unknown



I put this little poem in my own blog but I think that it is so good that I figured I better put it into the Pals too!......love Terry

1 comment:

Julie (Little Missionary) said...

What a wonderful little poem! Thanks Terry.

Love,

Julie (LM)