Friday, December 28, 2007

Adding To My Bookshelf

This morning we visited one of the local Christian bookstores here in Ottawa. Salem Storehouse is always a "must visit" when we're in our nation's capital. You know me and books. We are inseparable!

I was able to pick up two John Piper titles. One was on sale so that made it even better. GOD IS THE GOSPEL was one title and the other was THE SUPREMACY OF CHRIST IN A POSTMODERN WORLD.

They provided good reading material as I watched the boys swim in the pool here at the Holiday Inn.

Now my library numbers 4002 titles plus or minus a few.

Read on!

3 comments:

Felisol said...

Dear Pilgrim David,
I'm happy for you that you have the ability to see and share the good things in life while you are riding rough waters.
I admire your way not of dusting the problems under the carpet but to live with them and still find happiness in God's many small blessings.
The other day I read about Canada that politics, ice hockey and religion were the three equal important issues to the Canadians.
Then came family, then other athletic groups third or forth together with school, roads,environment, and so forth.
In that case you are heavily into representing the Canadian soul.
I like a man who read, 'cause he knows there's more questions to be asked and answers to be found.
God bless you and your family, the Lord lift his eyes upon you and give you peace today and for the year to come.
From Felisol

Anonymous said...

Hi, Pilgrim!

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers...especially since you are ONLY 2 hours away ;) Or did you leave OT yet? I sure miss our fall trips there. We never geto go to a Christian bookstore, though...we just hit as many museums as possible, and then wind down for dinner at Kelseys. Which one did you go to? We always enjoy giving our waiter/waitress a versecard for all the trouble they go throughto make sure those of us with allergies are well fed! :)

God bless you richly!

Pilgrim Pals said...

Hi David, I was going to drive over to Salem Storehouse today but was feeling too sick....it would have been funny if I had recognized you there.

Julie (LM)