Friday, December 7, 2007

The Pilgrim's Progress

Greetings, dear friends! Just a brief update on a few matters.

First of all, let's continue to pray for Terry as she deals with the health issues of her parents. We continue to pray for Dad Golden's salvation. This is our fervent prayer and we are trusting that God will draw Terry's father to Himself.

The new Pilgrim Pals blog, Be Encouraged, belongs to my youngest sibling Mark. I've encouraged him to post regularly. I trust that you will be blessed as you visit his site.

Now a few personal items:

Carol and I are still trusting that our home will sell. We have a couple coming to see our home tomorrow morning (Saturday). We had an offer earlier this week but it was much lower than our asking price so we turned it down. The problem we were having with our well seems to be solved as we had an ultra-violet filter system installed this week. This has been a very stressful time for our family. Thanks for your ongoing prayers!

God has graciously and miraculously provided for us again this week. Living by faith can be very taxing but when we see the faithfulness of God week after week our faith is strengthened and we marvel at God's incredible provision. We still need a financial miracle but "with God all things are possible!"

Earlier this week I received an encouraging note from a dear friend who enclosed a $50.00 bill with her letter. What a blessing that note was! We never know who God is going to use to meet our needs but He always finds someone who is generous and obedient.

Mike Fisher (pictured with our son Nathan) and the Ottawa Senators have won two games in a row now. Mike scored a goal in each of those wins. Uncle David continues to be proud of his talented nephew who loves the Lord and lets his light shine for Him.

My other nephew, Bud Fisher, helped lead his team, the Quinnipiac Bobcats, to a 4-2 win over Robert Morris tonight. CONGRATULATIONS Bud!

I can't post or comment on our home computers again. This is SO frustrating! Hopefully we can solve this problem soon so I can post with more regularity.

Finally, dear friends, thanks for your friendship and prayers! I love you all and praise God for you!

~ David

P. S. Felisol, your comments to me have been so encouraging lately. Thanks for the love and support that you offer from the other side of the sea.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pilgrim,
I am soooo glad to hear from you again! I love reading your posts, and the ones on Scribblings have been so encouraging to me. We have been going through a rough time,too, but thank God, we have pulled through another difficult time.
Thank you for letting us know the Sens won...I knew that they'd lost quite a few, which was an object of teasing towards a certain PrayingSensFan ;) but I haven't had time to follow them, so I didn't know they FINALLY won!
I pray that your house will sell REAL SOON...in God's perect timing. Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him...trust in Him and He will bring it to pass (Psalm 37).

God bless you, brother!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! I hope your house will sell soon- I have faith that all will be resolved.
Thanks for the reminder to pray for Terry and her parents. What an asset Terry is to myself and to Pilgrim Pals!
Congrats to Mike and Bud too...sounds like good hockey genes run in the family! Speaking of which: Welcome Mark! I'm off to check out his blog now.

Terry said...

Thanks Pilgrim for not forgetting Dad Golden....Love Terry