Friday, December 14, 2007

End of Construction

Taken from the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association Christmas newsletter:

"Years ago Ruth (Billy's wife who went to be with Jesus earlier this year) noticed a highway sign and told us she wanted that sign as her epitaph. If you visit her burial place today in Charlotte, you will find the words of the sign etched on her marker stone:

'End of construction. Thank you for your patience.' "

How fitting! We are continually being fashioned into His likeness. It's an ongoing work that won't be completed until we see His lovely face. In the meantime we ask that friends, family and associates be patient with us. We are a work in progress.

"Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." - Philippians 1:6 (NIV)

Italics mine - David

3 comments:

Terry said...

Yes for sure David!
"He's still working on me!

I was telling my Felisol a while ago about David Ring.
On one of the Gaither tapes he is saying, talking with the shaky voice a person having cerebral palsy has,
"Don't feel sorry for me because, joy comin' in the morning and not only that!
When I get to heaven, I'm going in my brand new body!
I'm not goin' to walk with a limp. I'm not goin' to talk funny anymore.
I'm goin' to walk and talk like Jesus.
If you don't like the way I am, hang in there!
I'm still in the OVEN, God's still in the kitchen. and uh
God's still cooking on me!
And when God get finished cooking on me, God going to pull me out of the oven and God going to say, "Well done!
Good and faithful servant!"


Psalm 138:8
The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me:

Felisol said...

Dear Pilgrims,
I've just commented on Terry's site about how well I felt when David Ring introduced the expression "being in God's oven."
That fits exactly how I feel.
I'm glad God has patience with me cause it may take some take till I'm well done.
Yours Felisol

Anonymous said...

Hey, Mrs. Shirkie, we used to sing that song AGES ago when I was little..it was one of my favorites...I forgot most of the words now!