Sunday, December 30, 2007

What's The Fuss?

For the believing Christian who understands the real meaning of Christmas, the unspoken question often leveled at us when we make much of our Savior is..."what's the fuss?" So today I wrote a few lines:

A baby born...
So what's the fuss?
Emmanuel
He's God with us.

Born to die
At Calvary
The Lamb of God
He died for me.

An empty tomb
A risen Christ
For all my sin
He paid the price.

And one day soon
Oh what a fuss!
He'll split the clouds
And come for us.

And that, my friend, is what the fuss is all about. God came to us in human form. He, the incarnate God, moved into our neighborhood and became one of us...only to end up on a cross...for us. Why? Because He loved us!

That is what the fuss is all about.
~ David

2 comments:

Terry said...

Oh David....well said!!!
I think, if you don't mind I am going to print this out for Grampa Yade...Love Terry

David Warren Fisher said...

Terry:

No fuss! Go ahead! I'd be honoured. Have a great day and a godly and grace-filled New Year.

Love,

David