Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sick of waiting

This week-end has been rough, and it’s only half over. I haven’t wanted to say anything because I hate complaining and sounding like a whiner, but for the past year I haven’t been feeling well, and these past six months have been the worst. I’m exhausted all the time, and I just don’t feel like myself. On Wednesday I went in to see my doctor again, and I got to endure the silence as she once again studied my chart. (By the way, “I don’t know what to tell you” is NOT the most reassuring thing to hear from a doctor!). So, I spent Wednesday afternoon having more blood samples taken.
My doctor’s office has a policy where they only call you if your test results are positive. On Friday I got home from work and there was a message for me from the doctor’s office asking me to call, but they had already closed up for the week-end when I called back. So, now I get to wait until Monday morning. I can’t wait that long! I JUST WANT TO KNOW!!! They tested for so many different things that I just want to know what they found- or if they found anything, or if they’re just calling to say “someone lost a glove-was it you?” or something equally trivial.
This has been stressing me out since I got the message- it’s all I can think about. The entire time the phone was ringing I found myself praying, and just asking God that it not be something serious. So, please pray that I can relax and actually get some sleep and be patient while I wait for Monday to come. I’m already exhausted- I don’t want to miss even more sleep, plus this is a big week-end for my swimmers as they’re at another meet and I need to keep my focus on them. (This is probably the first time in my life I’ve ever looked forward to the week-end being over!).

*lauren-mary

4 comments:

Terry said...

Dear Lauren-Mary...I don't think that you are whining at all.This is what the Pilgrim Pals is all about.
If you are feeling low and needing prayer, then it is nice that we know how we can pray for you.
After all YOU have prayed for all of us at one time or another with our requests.
I didn't know you weren't feeling so well.
I sure wish that you could find a "church family" too because you really do need the fellowship or other Christians dear Lauren-Mary...Love Terry

Felisol said...

Dear Lauren-Mary,
not knowing is probably the worst source of fear.
I pray that you are having a good night's sleep while I am writing and praying.
I also pray that nothing serious is
waiting for you from the doc's.
Have a good Lord's Day the third Sunday of advent.
yours Felisol

Anonymous said...

Dearest Lauren-Mary,

Oh, you are NOT whining at all...now I am so concerned for you! I pray for you daily, but had no idea you were going through this. I had health problems for a few years, and came to the point that I hated doctors, because I DID have something wrong, and once it DID show up on the blood test, and they didn't even tell me!!! Be sure to ask for your blood test results...they are easy to red because they have a range, and you can see if your numbers are close to either edge of the range.

I pray that the doctors have wisdom from God with your health, and may you have His wisdom, peace and guidance, too.

Have a blessed Sunday,
LPP

Julie (Little Missionary) said...

Dear Lauren-Mary - do you think we are complaining when we post things that are troubling us - probably not - correct? You are not a whiner! You are a child of God who is asking other children of God to interceed for you - it's what we do in love!

You've probably had lots of tests and advice - just one thought from me - did your doctor do a blood test for thyroid hormone levels. Low thyroid can certainly reek havoc on energy levels and emotions too!

God please comfort our dear sister tonight - help her sleep and guard her mind from attacks of the enemy. Lord let there be an answer soon to Lauren Mary's tests. Grant her your grace and peace Jesus. Thank you for all you are doing in Lauren Mary's life - thank you for your healing touch upon her even now as I pray - in your Holy Name - Jesus.

Julie (LM)