Saturday, December 8, 2007

Staying Mum

I posted this earlier today on my own blog (Lauren's Life), but I thought I'd post it here too.

Lately I’ve been very discouraged about my blogging (as evidenced by my lack of posting anything!). There are countless times when I’ve sat down to try and write something and can’t find the words. Anyone who takes a look at my laptop contents will see easily thirty half-written attempts at posting something.
As I spoke about in my last post, my relationship with Christ has been going well- I’m lacking in zeal no more! My devotions have been great and I really feel like I’m creating a deeper relationship with God. (I still haven’t found a new church yet, but I’ve been praying and I’m optimistic that God will lead me to the right one). So what have I found so discouraging? I feel like I have nothing of value to share. I’ll read all my regular blogs and get so much out of them. Verses or sentiments that people write about really touch me, and there are so many times when something I read will prompt me to study my Bible even more. I’ll sit down to write something and feel like I have absolutely nothing to say back. Somehow it just grew easier to say nothing at all then something boring and irrelevant.
Last week-end I had brunch with a friend who is also a recent university grad. Our topic of conversation was how this is a very uncertain time in our lives, with so many decisions to make and no idea what path our decisions would lead us down. My friend made the comment “I wish you could predict life”. I couldn’t help but think of my favourite verse. Even though we can’t predict life, as Christians we DO know that God has a plan for our lives- a plan to prosper us and not harm us, a plan to give us hope and a future. That’s something to be thankful for and carry in our hearts, especially with so many of us facing uncertainties.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lauren-Mary,

So good to hear from you! I've been missing you on here. Every so often I check your blog to see if you've posted, but have been a bit disappointed!

How are those families doing who lost their homes to that fire?

I pray for you every day!
-LPP

Terry said...

Dear Lauren-Mary...so glad to hear your voice again!
I am going to be guilty of the same thing as you. I am going to copy the post that I put on to my own blog.
I think that the Pilgrim Pals will forgive us both, eh?
Thanks for praying for my Dad...love Terry