Sunday, December 9, 2007

A quick hello

Hi Pals,

Just want to ask you to keep me in your prayers. The bubble of grace I was in after my mission trip is slowly giving away to the day to day loneliness I so often feel. I am also not crazy about Christmas - it is the least favorite time of year for me - I am grateful for Jesus' birth but I dislike everything else about this time of year. It represents a lot of lonely and unhappy times in my life as a child.

Also, I am feeling a little discouraged these days because Todd has not contacted me since I returned from Mexico. I sent him pics of the trip and thought I'd atleast hear, "great pictures" from him, but nothing. One day last week at work I pulled into the parking lot and Todd pulled into the lot next over - he looked at me and I was about to wave and he turned away. Before I left on my trip I gave him a book by Lee Strobel, "The Case for a Creator" - if you remember, Todd isn't even sure he believes there is a God. Ultimately, it is okay that Todd and I don't speak anymore - it's his choice and I will respect that. I only hope and pray someday Todd reads the book with an opened heart and begins a relationship with God.

Thanks my friends for your prayers.

Julie (LM)

3 comments:

Terry said...

Hello Little Missionary, Julie.
Nice to hear you in here again but sad to hear that you are down again.
It would be nice if you posted some of your Mexico pictures on here. We would sure tell you that they are great pictures because I just bet they are. The one that you did post was really cute..
Hopefully you will have a good week and I will be praying for you...love Terry

Felisol said...

Dear Julie,LM,
I think you are a brave and frank woman, who are giving me a lot to think about.
Most of us will hide our wounds. You are sharing and thereby make me think twice both about my own behaviour and lack of ability to meet people with the same open heart.
In our time with all the false facades you are unique.
Ever thought about that??
The good seed you spread in Mexico will continue to grow.
I'll pray for Todd's salvation.
I'll also pray for peace and happiness in your life. You sure do deserve it.
Jesus said "what you have done to one of my smallest, you have done to me."
I think those lines suits your wotk.
From Felisol

Julie (Little Missionary) said...

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers Terry and Felisol.

I bumped into Todd the other day at work - he was very pleasant and actually seemed interested in chatting about my mission trip. I think I assume a lot about Todd - like when I don't hear from him I think he is avoiding me - it's dangerous to assume.

Julie (LM)