Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

Welcome to 2008!
May your New Year be blessed and filled with God's Holy presence!

Okay, okay....I know I was filled with some self-pity last night - sorry about that but it does help to get it off my chest.

Thank you Susan for your post. It is so true - I know. I do reach out often and do not wait for the invitation - that is part of my frustration - once in a while I would like someone to reach out to me (selfish - maybe). It's just that it's hard to know if you are actually appreciated if you are the one always doing the calling and inviting with friends. That seems to be a pattern in my life - I do the reaching otherwise I am not sure I'd hear from anyone! Take my supposed friendship with Todd - I want to be a witness to him - I am burdened for his salvation, but I am the only one who ever does the contacting - is that a friend? I keep saying to myself "no more - he can just call me." But then I think - is that what Jesus would do? Would he say, "I've had it with Susan or Julie or David or Terry because I haven't heard from them today - so forget them!" God knows there are days when I don't "contact" him through prayer and just go about my daily work. I wonder....does God feel unappreciated or unloved in those moments? Just thoughts to ponder.....

On a positive note, and I am determined to put a positive note into all things this year - I ended up having great fellowship with the Lord last night at the chapel. It was so peaceful. I spent 3.5hrs (until midnight), praying in the new year....along with some pleading, venting, repenting and finally surrendering and adoring the Lord.

Susan - I want you to know that in 2008 EVERY time I pray that God would bless me with a Christian husband I am committed to pray the same for you too. So that means I'll be praying for you daily since I "bug" the Lord everyday for a husband!! :)

For those of us being pounded with yet another snow storm - stay safe on the roads!

Love you all.

J. Little Missionary

6 comments:

susanwalkergirl said...

Miss Julie,

I thank God that following your time of sweet fellowship with our Lord...that your spirit has been built up.

All of us have those times where we are overwhelmed with sadness and sorrow for that which we are missing in our lives. That's okay...we need that time...and the Lord will minister to us in that spot. We just can't stay there...we can't let the enemy think he has victory over us and has successfully made us doubt our God.

You pose some thought provoking questions...and things I struggle with too. Praise God that Jesus is faithful when we are faithless. God does feel I'm certain...and it can't help but hurt when I ignore Him or put Him on the back burner...but thankfully He does not let His emotions govern His actions. He doesn't seek to hurt me back when I hurt Him.

That's hard to do in our daily walk isn't it? To make that call when I'm uncertain if someone cares because the never reciprocate.

What you've written reminds me of the 1 Corinthians passage:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

While I'd like to think I'm that...and hopefully growing more and more each day...I know I'm far from that picture of love.

There is a phone call I've been thinking about making...to someone I miss. After reasoning I decided not to call because that person's lack of contacting me was evidence that they don't care. But if I was to apply 1 Corinthians 13...I would not keep a record of the lengthen of time since I received a call. I wouldn't factor if if it had been me that called or him. Instead I would be reaching out and making that call...not seeking something in return...but ever hopeful that love and affection would be returned.

Have I done it? No! So your post is very convicting.

Miss Julie...thank you for your commitment to praying for a husband for me along with your own prayers. I pledge to do the same for you. Perhaps with us inundating heaven with our requests...Jesus will have mercy on us like the woman begging for her daughter to be healed.

May we be strong in the Lord and the strength of His might.

Blessing and love to all the Pilgrim Pals...and wishing you a very Happy & Blessed New Year.

In Christ alone...Susan

Julie (Little Missionary) said...

You write so beautifully and with wisdom Susan - thanks!!

Julie (LM)

Terry said...

Dear Little Missionary, Julie
How nice to hear you cheerful again.
Now that makes us very happy.
I will have to wrte out a post before it is Janusry 2nd to wish everyone a Happy New Year.
Your post is very nice and so was my kindred spirit Susans.
I have been busy all day creating covers and centres for Grampa Yade's CDs. He has some more stories out.
I will have to send you some...
Take care and keep looking to Jesus...Love Terry

David Warren Fisher said...

Julie, Susan & Terry:

Thanks so much for doing what Pilgrim Pals is all about...praying for one another.

I'm so glad to read your positive post, Julie. I was concerned about you.

Thanks, Susan, for your godly wisdom and counsel. When I read Julie's post I prayed that you would read it and respond.

Terry, you are always there for our pals.

I love you all!

David

susanwalkergirl said...

Dear David,

It must have been a God thing. With busy, busy days...and not enough hours I don't get to visit as often as I'd like.

I pray that you and your family are well...and standing firm with Jesus.

Blessings to you sir...and I pray that this year is wonderful for you...you so deserve it!

Oh David...as soon as our new Pastor sermons are put on Kindred website...you must listen him. God was so faithful to bring us another man of God who is faithful to preach the full counsel of the Word of God. His name is Philip De Courcy. He hails originally from Ireland and most recently Ohio. He has a delightful Irish accent...plumbs the depths of scriptures. They are redesigning the website...and all of Chuck's messages and Philip will be online soon. I think that Chuck would be most pleased and what a day it will be when they meet. You can really see God's hand on our church. I pray one day you and your family will make it to southern California...and join us at Kindred.

Anonymous said...

Miss Bunts and Little Missionary,

I enjoy reading your godly insight. It is certainly inspiring.

Mrs. Shirkie,

Yes, I was wonderign WHEN you are going to post a new year's greeting. I wrote mine up, and haven't pasted it here, yet! If I have a chance, I'll paste it as a comment on yours ;)

Love to all you Pals...I haven't had much time to be on here lately, and I miss you all dearly!

LPP