Monday, January 21, 2008

Please Help Me I'm Falling

The ol' Pilgrim took a flying leap on Friday morning as I was leaving work at Christian Horizons. I tripped on the top step of the outside staircase and landed in a heap at the bottom. Of course the first thing I did was check to make sure nobody had been looking. Thankfully I escaped the gaze of any and all amused onlookers. My wrist was sprained and very bloody as I tried to scrape the ice off my car's windshield.

On Saturday my whole body was aching and yesterday (Sunday) wasn't much better. Today I'm still limping around like an old man (which I am). Maybe I'll have to dig out my cane.

Oh well...the Lord gives us such wonderful setbacks to keep us humble.

Terry, quit laughing. I know, I gave it to you when you went flying into the strawberries!

1 comment:

Pilgrim Pals said...

It's a wonder you didn't break some bones! My DIL fell down the stairs and broke her leg/ankle area in two places last fall. And her bones are strong!

Praying you'll be on the mend soon. Sounds like you got banged up good.

blessings & hugs,
Vicki