Tuesday, January 1, 2008

My Office Of Foreign Affairs

Carol and I actually got away for a couple of days without the kids. Miracles still happen! We are in Buffalo, NY tonight but, no, we didn't get to the Winter Classic, the outdoor hockey game between the Buffalo Sabres and the Pittsburgh Penguins. 73,000 fans were there though.

When we looked out our window (back home in Cavan) first thing this morning we were greeted by a fresh, heavy snowfall. When I tried backing out of our long driveway I ended up in the ditch and needed 5 men to push me out. I'm grateful for wonderful neighbors!

So we're here at the Red Roof Inn and this will be my office for the next 2 days. I'll post a couple of items from here. Lord willing.

I trust that your first day of 2008 was meaningful. May the Lord give you the desires of your heart as you delight in Him.

~ David

2 comments:

susanwalkergirl said...

You be safe sir and careful driving. Just think if you were in southern California...no snow...and it in the 70's and 80's during the day. Now doesn't that sound good?

Anonymous said...

Pilgrim,

Where is the inn that you're at?

Did you get to watch the gamein Buffalo on TV? Some of us (including me) watched it at my grandparents' with my grandfather. I liked seeing the pros sruggle like we do when we're playing outside, tryign to move the puck through the snow collecing on the ice...only we don't get a zambloni every few minutes ;)

We got that big dmping of snow here, too. Don't worry,the temperature is goign to be above freezing next week!

God bless you! Happy New Year!