Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Thanking You For Your Prayers

Thank you friends for all of your prayers for Dad Golden.


Can I mention too that I just now heard from Felisol and she tells me..."Gunnar and I rode through darkness storm and snow to my mother's yesterday. She had suddenly become ill, and you know how doctors can be. They rarely make house calls and Mom was too ill to go to the doc'sofice. Several telephones and hours later he finally showed up. My Mom was driven to hospital in an ambulance, Gunnar and I followed behind. About 2 in the morning we went home from hospital. My Mom is placed in the suricalward, and I don¨t quite know what they intend to do, or what the diagnoses. Something terribly painful with her stomach. Please pray for my Mom too, will you?"....Felisol


I just now read this in the "Daily Devotions" that comes to me very morning.It is so good that I thought I would put it here now....

Daily Devotionals Jan. 8, 2008
When Life Goes Bad
READ: 1 Samuel 30:1-6

David strengthened himself in the Lord his God. -1 Samuel 30:6
Everything looked bleak to David and his men when they arrived at Ziklag (1 Sam. 30:1-6). The Amalekites had attacked the city and taken their wives and children captive. The men were so discouraged that they wept until they had no more energy. And David, their leader, was "greatly distressed" because the people were contemplating stoning him (v.6).
In the end, David's army rescued their families and defeated the Amalekites. But the story takes a great turn even before that when "David strengthened himself in the Lord his God" (v.6). Other translations use the words encouraged or refreshed.
The text doesn't say exactly how David did this. But it makes me wonder, In what ways can we strengthen, encourage, or refresh ourselves in the Lord when we're feeling discouraged?
First, we can remember what God has done. We can list the ways He has cared for us in the past, and how He has provided for us or answered a prayer request.
Second, we can remember what God has promised. "Be strong and of good courage; . . . for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go" (Josh. 1:9).
Like David, let's learn to strengthen ourselves in the Lord, and then let's leave the rest with Him. -Anne Cetas
"I will strengthen," so take courage,Child of God, so weak and frail.God has said so, and it must be,For His promise cannot fail! -Anon.
Our greatest strength is often shown in our ability to stand still and trust God.

1 comment:

Felisol said...

Dear Pilgrim Terry,
thank you for being so empathic and caring.
My Mom is still in hospital, but being of age 83 she does not get the best of treatment or caring.
The staff only sees her as an elderly lady and not the one who organized and practically did all the work with doing the purchasing of groceries, washing, cooking, baking, decorating a whole house for Christmas for a whole family coming to stay "home" for a week. The only thing I was allowed to do was buying presents to and from and some washing up.
(My Mom will not have a dishwasher.)
Now she's so exhausted she cannot go to the bathroom alone, nor make her own sandwich (which she is expected to at the hospital).
Nevertheless does she get adequate medical treatment or examinations. She just lying getting worse and worse.
Our hospital was rated to be the worst hospital in Norway, and they certainly have no intention of improvement.

I do complain and I do despair.
Once more my only hope is in God and in prayer.
Yours Felisol