Thursday, May 1, 2008

Care Packages, Paul Mackay and a Faithful God

Today I received another care package in the mail! I was blessed, encouraged and thrilled! Even though this special friend is a Montreal Canadiens fan (so is Paul Mackay), she has been such a blessing to me (and many others) over the last year or so. THANK YOU FOR WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!

She has also blessed Paul Mackay, as I read today. When I read the following comment from her I just "knew" who that blogger was that she referred to...my dear friend Paul.

She wrote:

The second encouragement I have for you dear Pals...is reach out and encourage those around you and you will be blessed beyond measure. Three of my siblings and I put together a package for someone on Pilgrim's blogroll whose blog we really enjoyed. It was a simple package, and I just hoped it would encourage him as his blog had blessed us. It so happened to arrive on just the day when he needed to be encouraged the most, and blessed him. When I read his post about it last night, the tears streamed down my face and they keep threatening to today...who would have thought something so simple would mean so much?! But God used it like we could never have dreamed! "Let us not be weary in well doing, for in due season we shall reap if we faint not. As we have opportunity therefore, let us do good to all men, especially them that are of the household of faith." Galatians 6:9-10.

For those of you who don't know this, Paul is a border at my mother's home. Due to a variety of circumstances he has not been a mom's for several weeks and has been hanging his hat (Canadiens' hat, I bet) at his own place in Brantford. Paul and I are kindred spirits. We love the same music, we feel the same way about most things and we are great friends.

Please check here to read Paul's blog, Still Rambling, where he mentions the care package he received from our mutual Pilgrim Pal.

God does use bloggers to encourage one another. It has happened countless times with me and I continue to thank Him for this media whereby we can lift those who are downhearted. Pilgrim Pals and Pilgrim Scribblings are making a difference from the comments I receive. Thank You, Father!

Thanks for your friendship, LPP, and Paul. You are both loved!

~ David, the Pilgrim

Note: Please pray for LPP's father and for Paul Mackay. THANKS!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Pilgrim! I didn't really want ALL the Pals to know about Mr. Mackay's package...I didn't want to sound like I was bragging or anything :)

God bless you,
LPP

Terry said...

Yes that Paul is quite the fellow Pilgrim. It would take a whole lot to get that guy down, the way he just seizes life with both hands!
...Love Terry

Anonymous said...

Yutarets! kasagad bah!