Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ouch !!!

Dear Pals:

This afternoon my friend and I emptied out the two storage units Carol and I were renting and moved two truckloads of "stuff" to my mother's garage.

I didn't realize how taxing this would be on my body. This 62 year old isn't what he used to be. I could barely move by the time I got home.

I've showered and now I'm almost ready to leave for my job at Christian Horizons.

Please pray for an extra supply of God's strength as we begin moving in earnest after next Monday's closing date. Pray for strong-bodied men who will be able to pitch in and help.

I'm exhausted but "they that wait on the Lord will renew their strength." Thank You, Father!

~ David, the weary pilgrim

3 comments:

Julie (Little Missionary) said...

Hi Pilgrim,

I do pray for your strength and for all the help you need.

Moving is a pain at the best of times. I can relate to being in the midst of it - I'm up to my neck in boxes etc. My move is a little happier than your's I guess but still hard work!

Love and prayers,
Julie (LM)

Terry said...

Dear David, You are right. You DO need some young strong bodies to be helping you out.
I always wonder about cases like this. You, yourself have been such a great help to so many. How can they forget that or is it because you haven't asked?
I know when I was looking after Mom and Dad Golden this year it was so taxing! I pray that the Lord will send you someone soon to help out!!...Love Terry

Felisol said...

Dear Pilgrim David,
I'll for certain pray for strong bodied men to join in. What about all those hockey players of yours??
I'll remind God to remind them.
You should take care.
WAIT, don't WORRY you taught me.
That means you should not try to force your "old" body to do things it is not more capable of.
Wait for help, ask and you shall receive.
From Felisol