Sunday, May 18, 2008

Nuggets From Norway

Fellow pilgrims, isn't it marvellous how God uses certain people at various times to minister to our deepest needs. One day it can be a neighbor down the street. The next day a phone message from a friend far away. Then a pat on the back by a fellow believer. The Father knows our situations and out of His sovereign heart chooses who He will equip to bless us.

Each of the Pilgrim Pals have been graciously empowered and enabled by God to reach out to others. That is our mission...our purpose as Pilgrim Pals.

Recently I have been incredibly blessed by the comments left by our beloved Felisol, far across the sea in Norway. She has said the "right" things at the "right" times and I'm indebted to her and her kindness and compassion. I know that many of the Pals have felt the same way when Felisol has come along and ministered words of life and liberty.

So Felisol, dear sister, be encouraged today knowing that you have been mightily used by God to refresh the weary heart of this stuggling pilgrim. You have given me fresh water during desert times and rich bread when I needed to be fed.

THANK YOU IN JESUS' NAME!

~ David, the Pilgrim

3 comments:

Julie (Little Missionary) said...

I say "AMEN, AMEN!!" Felisol's words (from the Holy Spirit) have been so wise and healing. Thank you Felisol.

Julie

Felisol said...

Dear Pilgrim father and Julie LM,
this is so undeserved, I am blushing in front of my PC.
I came to the Pilgrim Pals of utterly selfish reasons, seeking support and comfort with believers on the same path.
I've gotten help over and over again, and I of course get caught by my brothers and sisters' need and pray.
That's all I can lift my empty hands towards him, who sees and cares.
Today I felt a bit worn and went to --the Pilgrims. I think the Pilgrim wrote this very sermon especially for me.
Refreshed I begun scrolling downwards, and blush, blush.

I'll end this scribble scribbling by quoting what made my heart find ease and qualm just now.

God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged. We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. - Hebrews 6:17-19a (NIV)

We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure, that is wonderful.
From Felisol

Terry said...

You are so right David!
Even though she is far across the sea dear Felisol is right at our finger tips.
The last few days she has been there when I needed her to pray for me. With great results!
We are all truly blessed to have her at the Pilgrim Pals!

Dearest Felisol, I am sorry that you feel so worn and we will pray for you!...Love Terry

Hey Little Missionary Julie...Ha! You have the government holiday off eh?