Monday, May 26, 2008

Mailbox Miracles

Dear Pilgrim Pals:

I've posted the following account here because I know you pray for me and care about our well-being. Carol and I are experiencing a lot of stress as we approach our big move. God will give us strength and will graciously provide His peace as we go through this gut-wrenching experience. In the midst of all that's going on, a faithful, changeless heavenly Father provides in marvelous ways and we praise Him for that. Thanks for your prayers over the next few weeks. We appreciate each of you so very much!

Much love in Christ,

~ David, the Pilgrim


Here's that post which previously appeared over at Pilgrim Scribblings.

Unfortunately the mail box at my office often seems to be the centerpiece of my life. Our livelihood depends on what the mailman deposits there. Epistle Sports Ministries trusts God to meet our needs through the kind and generous gifts of His people.

Recently I was speaking to one of my colleagues who shares our office complex. I had stressed the dire necessity that something substantial by way of support for our ministry be in the mail box that morning. Then I added, “if there’s nothing there, the Lord can still send someone into my office with a donation.”

Several minutes later I went to check the mail and returned dejected. Nothing! Not even junk mail! Now what would I do?

Within a matter of minutes a dear friend knocked on my door, came in and began to tell me about an unexpected cheque he had just received. The mailman had been good to him at least. He said, “I’m just going to sign it and give it to you.”

Being an emotional guy who wears his feelings close to the surface, tears came quickly. I felt that my friend needed to know about the conversation I had only moments before.

He was encouraged, my financial need that was pressing that morning was met and all parties involved were blessed. God was glorified in the transaction and that’s what matters most.

Does God still work in miraculous ways? There’s no doubt in my mind. Trust Him to do what you could never do on your own. He’s waiting to show Himself strong on your behalf.

"For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to give strong support to those whose heart is blameless toward Him." ~ 2 Chronicles 16:9(a) (ESV)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Isn't God amazingly faithful? His Mercy is new every morning!

God bless you richly and abundantly,
LPP

Felisol said...

Dear Pilgrim Father,
our Heavenly father sees your deeds and know your needs before you pray.
It is a truth we as Christians have experienced over and over again.
Even so it may often hard to believe that he will continue the good work, eh?
We kind of don't feel worthy.
We never will be. Our father gives us because we take our refuge in him, that's all. Bless you and your family.
From Felisol

Terry said...

Dear David...I wish that there was some way I could help you. I know that these are hard times for you but He has showed you this one miracle, there surely will be more!..Love Terry

You know that Willow and Smokey are just taking it for granted that they will be moving along with you guys and they are not one bit worried that you will not be looking after their needs.