Monday, May 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad and David

Today would have been my dad's 86th birthday! Each year I buy a birthday card for him even though he's in the presence of the Lord. I write what I would have written had he still be with us. I seal the envelope and place it in my dresser drawer. Dad passed away on May 21st, 1992 shortly after his 70th birthday.

My good friend David Shantz is also celebrating a birthday today. He turned 22! David, a goaltender who played for the Peterborough Petes 2 years ago, divided his season between the Rochester Americans in the AHL and the Florida Everblades in the ECHL.

Happy birthday to two of my favorite pe
ople!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, David! May the Lord bless you today and always!

Dear Mr. Fisher,

may the Lord comfort and encourage you as you recall the memories of your time with your dad.

God bless you,
LPP

Anonymous said...

Pilgrim...my sister and I had the same comment when we saw this...surely you could find a pic of David smiling?! Or maybe looking a little better than that? Oh, we are hard on you for the photos you choose sometimes, aren't we? Remember the one of Gabe last year?! I still laugh at all the comments that stirred up!

LPP

Anonymous said...

We should have a great day today.