Saturday, May 3, 2008

Strength

It's a rainy day here in Peterborough, but all this rain, plus the warm temperatures predicted for later this week, should be getting area gardens up to their full blooming potential and that gets me excited!

I've been preparing myself these past few weeks for some 'news' that I assumed would be coming regarding a friend of mine. I knew this 'news' would be somewhat bittersweet to me, as it would mean that an exciting door had opened for this person, but meant that another door had for sure closed itself for good in my life. Well it happened last night, the 'news' arrived and I immediately felt the ache inside, but instead of letting myself go and be upset about something I have no control over, I turned off the T.V. and the computer and just prayed to God and asked for peace for the situation and to help me be patient and understand that God has a better plan!


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

Posted by Laura

7 comments:

David Warren Fisher said...

Laura:

Nothing like being so vague that your fellow Peterburian has no idea what you're talking about.

Seriously, I feel your pain (whatever it might be). Why are bittersweet things always a little more bitter than sweet?

Keep posting here, my friend! We love you and we're here for you!

The Pilgrim, David

Pilgrim Pals said...

Hi Laura, good to have you here posting!

I agree with David - bittersweet always seems more bitter....but I guess God turns it into sweet.

Julie (LM)

Anonymous said...

Dearest LauraMae,

May the Lord give you His strength and peace during this time.

Yes, please keep posting here!

Oh, LauraMae, I keep a running list of Pals and their friends/relatives whom they've asked for prayer for since this blog began...I was wondering...remember last summer you asked for prayer for someone named Darren who was serving the Lord in Youth for Christ somewhere out west...is there any update with that? Honestly, I pray every morning for him along with everyone else, but I was wondering if there were any specifics. Thank you!

Love and Prayers,
LPP

Anonymous said...

Does anybody know how Lauren-Mary is doing?! I miss her a lot! We are going to OTT (Lord willing) next week, and every time I think of it, I think of the OTT pals...including her!

LPP

Vicki said...

Praying for you as well, dear Laura. You're already doing what is needed - turning to Him for that peace and undergirding and trust. God bless you and keep you in His strength and love.

Laura said...

LPP...

I admire your 'always ready to pray' mentality, it's awesome! Good question though regarding Darren....I know he has done well since going to Calgary and is acutally now in Malawi, Africa until sometime this summer and I think he is leading a group of students there or something along those lines! Thanks for asking!

Anonymous said...

Alla hu akhbar!!!