Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thankfulness

Without asking for her permission, I've posted a portion of Laura Mae's most recent post from her A Perfecting Love blog. I'm sure she won't mind. After all, she's one of us...a Pilgrim Pal. Thanks, Laura.

She writes:

As I drove home this afternoon, I was mentally listing persons, places, things etc. that I am just amazed and grateful to God for providing for me!
  • Salvation in Christ

  • For God choosing me and giving me a hope and a purpose

  • Being born into a Christian Family

  • Godly parents who instilled in me, by example, love, charity, generosity, the importance of Christian fellowship and attending church services regularly

  • Godly paternal Grandparents who lead a Christ-centred home for my Dad and his six siblings

  • The opportunity to attend a Christian elementary school

  • Sunday School teachers who broke down God's Word and drilled Memory Verses into my head

  • For protection in dangerous situations I found myself in due to my own sin

  • For many, many second chances

  • For the opportunity to serve at Christian camps in my teen years, for the friendships made and the mentorship I received during that time

  • For the many 'older & wiser' Christians I know who are able to encourage by sharing their life experiences that prove God's faithfulness to them

  • For leading me to a network of Christian Bloggers

  • For being able to look back at the highs, lows and heartaches of my Christian walk and see now how they were all necessary to help mold me into who I am today and who I am going to be ten years from now

Thank you God for loving me and holding me in the palm of your hand!

Laura

1 comment:

Terry said...

Dear Laura-Mae...I am glad that Pilgrim David put your post in here.
I had read it the other night and was so tired that I didn't comment, so I was glad to read it again.
You have so mcuh to be thankful for but so do I!!!
Love Terry