Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Miracle For Erin's Dad Chris

Just got this in my email and thought that the Pals would really like to read it.
It is just something that the Lord gave Chris the desire of his heart and in such a miraculous way!



"I have got to relate to everyone the Miracle of God revealing himself to me that happened a few minutes ago but I need to back up a few hours to set the groundwork. I don't know if everyone will see it as a miracle but I do. I have been on vacation from work since last Wednesday and I went out shopping today about noon I guess. I have really been discouraged and depressed about alot of things recently and I thought getting out would help. I went to Books-a-Million and then to Lifeway Christian bookstore. I love to read and having been encouraged some by the book "90 Minutes in Heaven", I thought i might something else to get comfort from. I was specifically looking for books about Heaven and Coping with the death of a child. I found one book titled "one Minute After You Die" but I was sorta disappointed with the selection they had at both stores but I was looking for something Christian based and Lifeway had the one i described earlier. I also went to Wal Mart and looked at their books. No Luck. I came home and saw a package on my porch when I pulled up. I could see on the side of the box that it said "Amazon" and I was confused because I hadnt ordered anything. I looked closer and saw the return address. It was from The Haley Vincent Foundation. They had sent me some support items when Erin was sick in Nashville. Two Target gift cards and long distance phone cards. I was expecting a teddy bear or something in the box. This is when God started revealing Himself to me through this Foundation. I opened the box and there was a card. It says "There are no words to express the profound grief in losing a child. We hope this package brings you a small measure of comfort." Then there was a Scripture. "I weep with Grief; encourage me by your word" Psalm 119:28. Also inside the box was a Cd of songs recorded by Haley Vincent, A Willow Tree Figurine titled: Angel of Remembrance, and THREE BOOKS: "WHEN A CHILD DIES" by Ronald Knapp, "HEAVEN" by Randy Alcorn, and "WAIT UNTIL THEN" by Randy Alcorn. I just couldnt believe my eyes. I immediately called members of my family and, in tears, tried to tell them what happened. I know God is watching over me and fulfilling my every need. I just really got a huge dose of His Grace and Love today. Maybe Erin told God her daddy needed some encouragement. I'd like to think so. I am sure she doesnt have time or the ability to remember us back here on earth but it sure does help me in this old earthly body to imagine it that way. I just couldnt wait to testify to God's Realness in my life. I consider it a miracle in my life and I hope it blesses you as much as it did me. To God be the Glory! Erin I love you! Tell Haley I said Hello! I am sure you two have became great friends in Heaven! Thanks everyone for reading this and continuing to support Erin's mom and I. Thank you, Haley Vincent Foundation, for the gifts and allowing God to work through you! Thank you Lord for being Real! "

Chris (Erin's Dad)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW...God is amazing!

LPP

Julie (Little Missionary) said...

How beautiful!! God is so loving and compassionate!

Julie (LM)

Felisol said...

Dear Erin's Dad,
thank you for sharing your blessings with us.
"Seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened."
I pray that the books may continue to bless you as you are struggling through the process of grief. Things might never go back to "normal", but I hope that the changes in your lives make you grow and find an anchor in Heaven.
From Felisol

jel said...

thank you for sharing this with us , it gave a chill, and made me cry!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to all you for your support and prayers during this storm in our lives. We miss our baby girl daily. However, she is in God's presence and He continues to work through her life! That is a blessing and a reason to praise him in the midst of our storm.

Anonymous said...

Sorry this is the first time I have left a comment and the above comment from anonymous is me.
Kimberly Malone