Please accept these as from the Lord and know that they are presented here in love. I would not write such warnings if I hadn't already been convicted by the Spirit of God myself on these important matters.
Here they are, beloved:
- DON'T EVER let reading, posting or commenting on PILGRIM PALS take the place of daily reading and meditation of God's inspired, infallable, inerrant Word. Nothing, absolutely nothing can minister life to our spirit and body like the Bible, God's love letter to His children.
- DON'T EVER let reading, posting or commenting on PILGRIM PALS keep you from spending time with family and friends. They need to come before this blog even though the purpose of PILGRIM PALS is to encourage one another and lift each other up in prayer.
- DON'T EVER let reading, posting or commenting on PILGRIM PALS keep you from maintaining your own blog. It's so easy to get involved and excited with what God is doing here that we neglect our own sites. I battle with this all this time.
- DON'T EVER let reading, posting or commenting on PILGRIM PALS be the only source of fellowship and encouragement that you receive from the Body of Christ. We need to interact face to face with real, flesh and blood people and not just communicate through the internet.
- DON'T EVER forget to give God the glory for all He has done for you through Jesus Christ. We have much to praise Him for! Let's declare His faithfulness to all generations! He is good and His mercy endures forever.
Just a few thoughts, presented with the prayer that God, by His Spirit, will challenge us to be good stewards of all He has so richly blessed us with.
"See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." - Ephesians 5:15-20 (KJV)