Monday, July 23, 2007
1. Name/Pilgrim Pal User-Name: Pilot Mom...because our son flies C-130 planes for the U.S. Air Force
2. Favourite Food: Well, of course, chocolate is always my favorite, but I am very partial to a great steak, Mexican food and Italian.
3. Hometown: I am a born again believer living in mormon country...Utah.
4. Parent's names: My dad...Rowan, and my mom...Ileen
5. What did you study in post-secondary school?: English
6. When and how did you come to know the Lord?: The Lord made me His own on Nov 6, 1972 around 11:30 pm. I was in college in Mississippi and my roommate was used by God.
7. How did you meet your spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend?: I met him while I was in college in Colorado Springs, CO. (October 1973) He was not a Christian. I was a new Christian who had a lot of head knowledge because I grew up in a Christian home. My thoughts at the time were, "Well, I could date him and let him bring me down to his level or, I could date him and show him Christ." I never, never told him that I wouldn't marry him unless he came to know the Lord. I never wanted it to be about me. It needed to be for him to see his need. He accepted the Lord in August 1974. We married August 16, 1975. In all my counseling I have always recommended against "missionary dating."
8. If you could meet someone face to face (other than God), who would it be?: Hmmm, there are so many...I think I would enjoy meeting Watchman Nee, Dietrich Bonhoffer, and C.S. Lewis to name a few.
9. If you were given the chance to build your dream home, where would it be located and who would you want your neighbour to be?: Well, I've always wanted to go back to the Colorado Rockies. But, I really miss the trees and flowers from the South. So I need to live where I could have both...winter for about 6 weeks, then spring for several months, followed by summer for a couple of months (but without 100ºF+ temps) and then, of course, Fall...loaded with Indian Summers. I haven't found that place yet so I guess I'll just say Heaven. And living next to? Why, all of you, along with my family and my other friends!
10. How did you discover Pilgrim Pals or Pilgrim Scribblings?: I think, if I recall correctly, I discovered David by reading a comment of his left on Becky's blog, The Faith Expedition. I liked what he said and so I checked out his blog. I'm so glad I did!!
(This was a GREAT idea!)