. Name: Terry Canadian Blogger
2. Favourite Food: spaghetti with lots of hot peppers and NO garlic
3. Hometown: Welland, Ontario, Canada.
4. Parent's names: Cecil and Edna [Wells] Golden
5. What did you study in post-secondary school?: I graduated grade 13 and then worked right away in Chronic Hospitals, caring for the elderly, which I loved!I also took piano lessons to grade eight after which I taught piano for a few years.
6. When and how did you come to know the Lord?: In June of 1967 Mr. Murray McLeod and Mr. Fred Holder had a special gospel meeting series in Ottawa.When, after listening to them preach, I learned that although I had gone to church and Sunday School most of my life, I had never been born again.It is impossible for good works to save you.At the age of 17, I learned that just as the prodigal son was lost and far way from his father, I was lost and far away from God and deserving only hell, That is when the Lord told me that because Jesus had taken my place and died for me then I could take the gift of God freely!Luke 15:20.."And he arose, and came to his father, but when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him."
7. How did you meet your spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend?: I met Bernie in Ottawa when my brother Gary brought him over to Betty's and my apartment so he could use our record player to play a new 45 record that he had bought. I was the one that opened the door and he told me later that if it had of been Betty that he met first he would have fallen for her because she was prettier!!
8: If you could meet someone face to face (other than God), who would it be?: I would really love to meet Charles Spurgeon and Jake Hess.They are, both of them, my heroes.
9. If you were given the chance to build your dream home, where would it be located and who would you want your neighbour to be?: Now anyone who knows me, surely knows that I would just love a small house in my beloved Manitoba and I would like to be walking distance from Saija and Leo and I would want my whole family to live next door to me...every last one of them and I would still have my blog friends right at the tip of my fingers on the Internet!
We would have a spare guest room for my kindred spirit, Susan.If Bernie and I had enough money left over I would like to build a tiny home in Norway where we could spend our winters with Felisol and Gunnar and Serina!What could be better than that, eh?
10: How did you discover Pilgrim Pals or Pilgrim Scribblings?:I was "scanning the band" and looking at blogs and suddenly came on to David Fisher's "Pilgrim Scribblings" and because of his interest in Greater Vision which is my favorite Southern Gospel group I started to write to him.No regrets!Ever since I have been nothing but a pain in the neck to that David and now his many friends have to put up with me too!!