Saturday, July 7, 2007

A Couple Of Photos To Share With You All...



It's late, I'm tired, but I wanted to download my pictures from today to see how they turned out and so I just had to take a few minutes to share a couple of them with you! I am planning to write more (much more) on my blog in the next day or two, and put more pictures on there, so I'll keep this short and sweet!

Today was one of the most beautiful and unique weddings I have ever attended. Our pastor Rick (who is also the bride's father) officiated and he spoke about the marriage covenant and the importance of covenant. When he married Andy and I he also spoke about covenant and I really like that emphasis being made in a wedding ceremony!
I think the thing that stood out most to me was when the bride's mother and father (our pastor and his wife) each mentioned (at different times during the day) how they had prayed for their daughter's future husband from the time she was a baby. They had never told their new son-in-law that before today, and I wonder how that felt to know that he had been prayed for pretty much all his life....neat, isn't it?
Thank you all once again for your prayers...believe me, I felt them! You know, it's funny...a little thought came to me when I last posted (and I know who whispered it in my ear) that I shouldn't be asking for prayer for something a non-urgent as a cake...especially when there are bigger concerns going on around me. I kind of shoved it off and told the devil that my cakes are also a part of my ministry and that while it may not be an earth shattering thing, it has been a large part of my life this week in getting the cakes ready. But I don't think I had completely shed that thought until I came on here and read one of the postings from today (maybe it was your posting David?) about how even the little things...if they concern us, they concern God, and He wants to hear all our needs and concerns. That helped me to push the devil out once and for all about the cakes...thank you to whoever posted that...I needed to hear (read?) that!!
Okay...now it's even later and I've rambled enough...if you're interested in hearing more about the wedding and seeing more pictures, keep an eye on my blog during the next couple of days!
Julie (Sweet Inspirations)
P.S. The top picture is the "fake" cake...for picture purposes only! It's maybe a little hard to see...but on the very top is the wagon that I made with a little bride and groom figurine on top. Check my blog for more about that story...and the second picture is the sheet cake that I was just asked to make on Wednesday.

5 comments:

passing-thru said...

THATS WONDERFUL JULIE -- GOOD POST --

that post on little things was from David --- U can call him "Doc" he will understand :-)

Pilot Mom said...

What beautiful cakes! You are indeed blessed with a talent!

Julie (Little Missionary) said...

Hey Julie - beautiful post. Yhanks for sharing. And isn't it wonderful that our God cares about everything that is important to us - including wedding cakes! What a special talent you have from Him. I'll keep you in mind for a cake if I ever get to the altar :)

Terry said...

Oh Julie!!
I have been rambling around all evening and missed this post!
How wonderful it is!
Whar a message for us.
How many prayers were answered today!
You know what,I don't really think that there is any size to prayers, do you?
Oh just wait till the Doc sees this post!!
Have a good night..love Terry

passing-thru said...

YES - AWESOME LOOKING CAKES
good words Terry on the size of prayers -
GOD'S PEOPLE MADE SOME IMPACTS SATURDAY EVENING -