Wednesday, July 18, 2007

From Heather's Post This Morning

I hope it is ok to do this....if not....let me know...since I borrowed it from Heather
donna
http://www.bhgalone.blogspot.com



Count your blessings, name them one by one…July 18th, 2007
I had an entire post written out on how many times Satan tried to bring me down yesterday, but instead I am going to list my blessings and forget about the rest.
I am alive.
I have loving and super supportive parents who would do anything for me.
I have a husband who dearly loves me, and tells me so often.
I have 3 beautiful children
I am amazingly gifted in web design, although I have chosen not to do it right now.
I have so many friends, too many to count.
I have an amazing best friend, Laura. She blesses me daily.
I know my savior loves me, even in my darkest times.
I have come to realize that being a Christian doesn’t equal being a doormat, and forgiveness is a long long journey. And thats okay.
I have a church family who honestly blow me away.
I have cancer, but it doesn’t have me.
Choose to start this day looking at your blessings. Trust me, Satan wants nothing more than to steal your joy. Today you have a clean slate, so to speak….
Choose wisely what you fill it with!

Edited to add:I received an email just now pointing me to another cancer blogger who is struggling with the concept of how God could forsake her. If you have a moment, please visit Minerva and leave her a comment. She really could use some encouragement today, especially today. Thanks.

11 comments:

Terry said...

This is a good post and I am glad that you printed it.
Just went up to see Heather and then Minerva.
Thanks to whoever posted this...from Terry, Pilgrim pal..

Anonymous said...

just little ole me...Terry

donna

Terry said...

Thanks Donna...you little sweetheart you!!...Love Terry

Anonymous said...

This is a test....
Terry I think I typed in my website incorrectly....but hopefully i have done it correctly now

passing-thru said...

Donna , I sent a msg to Minerva, I hope I didn't sound too preachy -- just that the only "real" hope is in Christ --- she will scan it first and if she approves , she will post it on her site --

Will remember her in prayer --

I don't think I could handle things as well as some of these people --

Anonymous said...

Great post, Donna!

Passing-thru...Even if she doesn't post it, just remember...SHE READ IT!

Lil Pilgrim Pal

Terry said...

Yes it worked Donna!!
Your lovely web site appears!!...Love Terry

passing-thru said...

Donna , I just copied Claire's post on Jim and her fine words to the Lord -- and posted them on Minerva's site - her words will positively affect Minerva --

passing-thru said...

Thx Heb for the encouragement - your right -------

Terry said...

Passing-thru...I just didn't know what to say, so I am glad you did.
I just said Hi more or less!
Maybe she will visit us at the Pilgrims because as usual I forgot to sign out but that is OK...From Pp Terry

I don't think I could handle what Heather, Arlene, Pilot-dad and Minerva are going through either Passing-thru!
They are real troopers!

passing-thru said...

Yes Terry - I could not handle alot of things these people have and are ------- but thx also for the uplift -- I pointed her (Minerva) to Christ in a roundabout way , gentle at first and made it clear that thru all of the things we face in this world , they are designed to bring us to GOD, THRU CHRIST who died to make us right in HIS SIGHT -- so hopefully she posts it and as Heb said - she will have at least read it -- a cup of cold water is nice but a cup of cold water in HIS NAME is NICER ------