Monday, July 16, 2007

GUESTS IN YOUR ROOM

When old time saint ,Salvationist Samuel Logan Brengle was losing his eyesight and failing health was upon him , people may have thought him lonely when he wrote these words - "I have sweet fellowship at times in my own room. The saints of all the ages congregate there. Moses is present, and gives his testimony, and declares that the eternal God is his refuge and underneath are the everlasting arms. Joshua arises and declares "as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Samuel and David, my dear friends Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Daniel, Paul and John and James, and deeply humbled and beloved Peter, each testify to the abounding grace ofGod. Lutherand Wesley and the Founder and Finney, and Spurgeon and Moody and unnumbered multitudes all testify.
Blind old Fanny Crosby cries out "Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine ! " So, you see, I am not alone. Indeed, I can gather these saints together for a jubilant prayer and praise meeting almost any hour of the day or night. Hallelujah forever, and glory to God !"

QUITE A SAINT AND QUITE A TESTIMONY ---- passing-thru

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, whoever posts next will make it the 300th post...no wonder I feel like I've spent so much time on here this summer! If each post takes an average of 30 seconds to read...multiply that by 300 (no, just divide 300 in half!); now take into consideration that the average commenter comments on every third post = 100 posts commented on, multiply by an average of 1:30 minutes to comment; and this to your total A; and now you have an average time spent on Pals since it opened...all those statistics...can you tell I've been studying Marketing?! Oh, and I love mental math. Let's see who gets the correct answer WITHOUT a calculator ;) I'll give a prize...send me your name and telehone number, and signature, answer a skill testing question...and I'll say a special prayer for you. Oh, I forgot, we don't need to do all that on Pals...we just post and pray, right?! Ah, this Pal is just being silly, eh? Always wished I had a sense of humor....