Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Heather, Woman of Faith



Our dear friend Heather, who is valiantly battling cancer, posted the following story yesterday on her Especially Heather blog. What a touching account! Please keep our dear sister in your prayers!

Heather writes:

HIS DEPTHS

"Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgements, and His ways past finding out!… For of Him, and through Him, and to Him are all things: to Whom be glory for ever. Amen" -Romans 11:33, 36

Last night, after I posted, I made a phone call to our local Christian radio station. They had been advertising the “Women of Faith” conference in Tampa and I desperately wanted to go. I had battled putting down my pride and calling, hoping that they had free tickets. I am not one to ask for help, even in the most dire of circumstances, but yesterday- I dialed the number and poured my heart out.

The man on the other end of the phone was the Station manager for 89.1. He asked me if I had a church home, and when I mentioned that my father was a pastor, and what church I attended, he said “You’re Greg’s daughter, aren’t you?” I was totally floored. He proceeded to tell me how my father had blessed his life. He prayed with me and said that it would be their honor to send me and my mother to the Women of Faith conference in Tampa.


I wanted to go to this conference for many reasons. Looking at the website, they have some pretty spectacular speakers set up (Max Lucado, Patsy Clairmont, Nicole Johnson, Luci Swindoll, to name a few) But I have to say that when I heard that Nicole C Mullens was going to be there, I just cant put into words. Her songs through this entire cancer ordeal have really hit home for me. “One touch” is my most favorite of her songs. I wrote about it in my
6/28 entry.

So, my mom and I will be going to the conference in Tampa on November 9-10. I am so very excited not only about the conference but about spending the weekend with my mom..
It amazes me how God comes out in my darkest moments. He makes himself visible just in time. I really needed this, I really needed to hear that my family has touched this station managers life and the life of his family, and I really needed the reminder that He hasn’t left me.


So, thank you
89.1 for making my day. Thank you, readers for your comments yesterday- I read every single one.

Thank you Lord for showing me that you are still present even in my darkest of times.
You never let go of me.

2 comments:

Terry said...

Dear David..Heather is indeed a woman of faith and it is just so wonderful how she was feeling yesterday after feeling so low on Monday.
The Lord has given her the desires of her heart!....From Pilgrim pal Terry

passing-thru said...

Wow --- what can one say ?

Lord Bless Heather and her family

So well expressed -- A grateful heart