Saturday, July 7, 2007

My Little Gramma

I received two emails this evening, one from Little Missionary, Julie and one from my Felisol
Now the Spanish people are one of my great loves in life.
Julie's enthusiasm toward them just warms my heart so much.
This Spanish lady, is particularly precious to me.
She is my little Spanish gramma,.."pequena abuela", not by blood of course but I adopted her as soon as she and her family came into our life.
Well, Felisol was mentioning her tonight in her email ,and I think that I never did tell her that my special little lady is now at home with the Lord.
Felisol said, "I guess that old senora is looking forward both to your sallad and a good conversation with you."
You see I had told both Julie and Felisol that I had to make the fruit salad for the Spanish Gospel meeting and so this is why Felisol thought I was going to see my little friend tomorrow.
Anyways, I just went to my piano and got this "together" picture of us that Grampa Yade took ten years ago when I was 47 and the Abuela was in her 80's!
I am thankful that both these, my friends brought up such good memories for me this evening.
Now tell me Pilgrim Pals,isn't my little lady just the cutest little doll that you ever did see?!!

4 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

Oh yes, indeed!

Felisol said...

The little grandma was indeed so sweet as you have described her earlier.
You look so happy together.
I,m sure you made her last years lucky ones.
How important it is being able to communicate.
And you gave her that opportunity.
Sweet, empathic Terry.

Julie (Little Missionary) said...

Oh Senora - ustedes dos son hermosos! (you are both beautiful).

By the way, I am not fluent in spanish - I wish! I just have a good diccionario espanol.

Well, I better hurry off to Sunday service now!
Love,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Awww, too bad you're not fluent, LilMissionary...I happen to be, but cannot write it very well.

Mrs. Shirkie...great post and photo.

Lil Pilgrim Pal