Thursday, August 21, 2008

GREAT WORDS

I don't usually break in on another Pilgrim's post but...

I'm sure passing-thru won't mind and I trust that Donna won't either. Passing-thru encouraged us to check out Donna's awesome thoughts. They are truly worth reading. So...I've copied and pasted them to this post. Check them out under the link that passing-thru left for us.

- David

Here's passing-thru's original post:

CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME THOUGHTS --

http://www.bhgalone.blogspot.com/

passing-thru

Donna writes:

I love Psalm 57...

here David is fleeing to the cave, burdened, the enemy is out to get him, yet he proclaims....yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge...how awesome are those words...He is the light, the hope in the cave...

OH !! when I think of the many caves I have been in, created by my own sinful nature......some I ended up in when I was simply trying to figure things out, trying to work something out, and landed myself in the dark and dreary cave....in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge...

as I read further, the psalmist says...I will cry unto God most high...unto God that performeth all things for me...how desperately I need to remember when my "feelings barometer" is working overtime and emotions are all over the place, I need to stop and look to the One in control....God is still on the throne...

my perspective of the trial makes all the difference in the world....and there in verse 5,if I flick the switch from me, myself and I to GOD...now I understand the purpose of the trial... to bring glory to God...He will redeem my trials for His glory......

towards the end the psalmist repeats ......my heart is fixed, Oh God my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise...I will praise thee O Lord among the people, I will sing unto thee among the nations.....

I will be steadfast... trusting, seeking, with a heart fixed on the Lord...when I am in the midst of a trial....

Never doubt in darkness what God has revealed in the light...

1 comment:

passing-thru said...

Thanks David -- what a GREAT POST FROM OUR DONNA --


AWESOME