Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Touching Prayer Request From Arlene


Today our daughter Amber called and said that tonight Kaity was going to have a friend spend the night. Tristin was having our other granddaughter, Gracie spend the night with him because they are the same age.



Tonight Amber called and said that she was taking Heather home because she was crying. It seems that every time that Heather spends the night, she winds up wanting to go home. While Amber was talking to me Kaity was in the back seat crying because her friend went home and she didn't have anyone to play with. I would like to know if you guys would pray for a special friend for her. She is only 7 and has the need for a friend.

Kaity told me the other day that she has a special make believe friend. I told her that I also had one when I was young. She asked me if I knew who her special friend was and I said no. She said Jesus. I always talk to Him. It was all I could do not to absolutely cry my eyes out in front of her.

Oh that she would have that tender heart toward Jesus all of her life. Obviously she could not have a better friend.


Proverbs 17:17 says a friend loveth at all times.


BY HIS STRIPES!!!

4 comments:

passing-thru said...

Yes - that is a touching scene - thx for sharing and we will remember to pray for a "friend"

Anonymous said...

Passing-thru, you asked how the visit was the other day...

The lady came over as we were having lunch so she sat down with us for a little while. She told us of those last horrific and drawn-out 10 hours where one thing after another went wrong at he hospital, until he finally died. My mom spoe comfortingly and encouragingly to her, as the lady said it is really hitting her husband this week, since all the guests and family have left, and his bedroom is empty. Then she spoke of his sisters, the pain they were going through--that was their little brother. Yes, I know what I think of my little brother, and my little sister. Sure, I'm close with all my siblings, but the two youngest are very special, and I never want to see them hurt or anything happen to them. We gave her flowers, a Christian sympathy card, and a bookmark with Romans 8:38-39 on it. I pray God ministers to her and husband's hearts.

Have a blessed day in the Lord!

Lil Pilgrim Pal

passing-thru said...

Thx heb 11:1 --- your family is special in that U all extend the Graces of the Holy Spirit -- its the beauty of the "Graces" that draw the lost and heal the hurting - "FOR GOD SO LOVED" --

your family is the "REAL DEAL"

Felisol said...

Dear Arlene,
I sure do know how much a special friends means, and worse how one feel helplessly alone without this friend. Children are incredibly so vulnerable, we often tend to forget, having learned the social skills and codes growing up. I will pray for Kaity that she gets her special friend and no more has to cry from loneliness. Good though, that Kaity has an understanding mother who sees her daughter's needs.
I sure will join in praying for her and a quick solution.