Friday, August 1, 2008

Update on Jen and life

Good morning Pals...

Thank you for all your prayers for Jen. The courts awarded her (weird wording...like there is a prize involved for divorce :( :( )spousal maintenance for six months....one half of her monthly rent. Child Support is in place and he is to also contribute 64% of any direct expenses for Vera, i.e. health insurance, clothing, childcare, etc.etc.(these are separate from child support which, I suppose, is intended for food, diapers...I am not certain how the particulars of child support work...

She came to me yesterday morning crying, exhausted, weary, unable to put it all into perspective......she would take him back, she stands firm in her commitment to marriage, to God.......she's been scorned, insulted, hurt, abandoned, emotionally abused, and for what it's worth....it's been a LONG haul...a long year and a half....even though it seems a short span of time. She says how it has been unfortunate how members of the body of Christ function, how we become so unaccepting of each other...how sides are taken, how the tongue can turn friends into enemies, how the little cliques that we think don't exist, are alive and well...assuming, accusing, the truth twisted or misunderstood. Families divided, friendships that she's enjoyed and worked hard to establish, severed and gone. I remind her, it happens....move on...seek the Kingdom...seek His glory...be kind and gracious...but move on

And so she grows in her walk with the Lord ...I pray that she does not blame Him or become angry at our God...for I know all to well how that plays out in real life......people make choices, many times wrong choices, but it is not for us to judge or condemn or hold someone in contempt...We have a powerful and mighty God who will take care of that....

she takes her experience and this new found wisdom and moves on......she has a daughter to train up in the ways of the Lord...Vera is her number one priority...and God is with her, every step of the way...

Blessings all.

P.S. I am a Great Aunt for the 12th time...Isaiah was born yesterday to myniece last evening at 6:47 p.m. 8 lbs 4 oz...YAY for babies !!!

I forgot to mention also that I was released from the doctors care on Tuesday for my rotator cuff surgery. I do not have full motion, but medically, at six months, the surgical repair. is no longer at risk of becoming undone...so I shall continue with home physical therapy, visit the trainer once a month and I am good to go...I can't wait to go ice skating this winter....

I am off this afternoon ..prayers for traveling, please...off to visit my sister in Syracuse...a girlie night just her and I...(she is not saved) dinner, movie, popcorn, laughter.....memories in the making!

I love to travel in case no one has picked up on that yet!


blessings,donna

6 comments:

Julie (Little Missionary) said...

Hi Donna, praying for Jen - such a difficult situation I'm sure...esp. when Christian's chose sides etc.

Have a blast with your sister. Since you do seem to like travelling (and I noticed the ice skating part) you need to come see me in the winter...we have the longest skating rink - it's beautiful.

Julie

Julie (Little Missionary) said...

oh, and congrats on becoming a Great Aunt again!!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Julie...
is it an outdoor rink?...

because outdoor rinks are almost extinct...

the last time I skated outdoors was in my little home town of Cape Vincent 10 years ago, but they have since closed that one and before that it was in Missouri...in downtown Kansas City.

When I was a child, my dad used to build us a skating rink every winter...fond memories of those days....then we moved to a new town and lived in town instead of the country....but we would skate on the river

I have always wanted to skate at the rink in NY City...how cool would that be!! But I doubt I ever will

Terry said...

Oh Donna that rink in Ottawa is so long that one time when there were two boys playing a hockey game on the Rideau Canal, one got a clean break away and he wasn't seen for days.!
Yeh you like travelling, eh?
I am still trying to recuperate after chasing you and Mom Golden around for an afternoon at Niagara-on-the Lake.
Where do you get all your energy girl?
One of these frosty Fridays, you are going to have to bring Jen and Vera over and stay a couple of days.
Betty wants that so bad!
What say?...Love Terry

passing-thru said...

Will continue to pray for Jen

And Blessings on U Donna -- enjoy your visit with your sister

Laura said...

Thanks for the update Donna, I am for sure praying for Jen!!