Legalism bothers me and I don't want to be legalistic. But...Christians using their liberty as licence to do whatever they please irritates me too. So, as I seek to come to grips with this ongoing problem, here are some pointers for me and then for anyone else who struggles:
- Seek to live godly lives in Christ Jesus that are above reproach
- Don't judge others because of the "things they do" but love them and pray for them
- Understand that what is wrong for you might be alright for someone else
- When you are disappointed by the behavior of others make sure that there is no plank in your own eye before pointing out the sawdust in someone else's eye
- Finally, leave the matter in the hands of an all-sufficient God who alone judges the matters of our hearts
"Father, give us Your strength to live lives that are pleasing to You. We pray in Jesus' name. AMEN!"