Thursday, July 10, 2008

From LPP

Hello dear Pals!

Wow....it has been such a long time since I left a notice for a post here! Things have been a bit topsy-turvy around here and we are s l o w l y settling in to this new life --one day at a time.

I guess I'll go back a bit and then bring you up to speed....

First of all, my family was so blessed to have Mrs Butler and Mr Mackay representing the Pals at my dad's memorial service. It was both comforting and encouraging, and I made sure all my friends knew how far these Pals drove who had never met us before!! Mrs. Butler gave me sooooo many hugs from all you Pals, and it felt sooo good to get hugs in person rather than through cyberspace ;)

Every day has been different for us and each day seems to bring a new struggle or trial at the same time. I have been helping my mom with sorting out finances, and she is so blessed that her sister, an accountant, is adding up all the numbers and doing all the figures for her!

The hardest day of the week is Sunday, we have figured out. That has traditoinally been our "family day" where we did things together all the time. And suddenly, my dad is no longer here to do things with us. There are times during the week when I miss him, but those are usually just moments. Sundays are difficult because he was with us all day...and now he's not.

Family and friends have been telephoning us every day and that helps all of us a lot to have someone to talk to. Some days are quieter than others, but just a reassuring, encouraging word when we answer the phone cheers the heart. As well, all of us children look forward to when the mail arrives, because we all want to open a card and see who sent one to us, and what they said. Sometimes it is just seeing that an old friend sent us a card that brightens the moment, and other times it is the kind, encouraging words and scriptures inside. I'm sure as time goes on we won't hear from others via phone or mail so much...but for now, we enjoy it a lot :)

Thank you for all your prayers and your kind, encouraging, and thoughtful words you have left here on Pals over the past few weeks. It means a lot to us who read Pals. You all are such a blessing!

God is faithful and He has been blessing us and providing for us in so many ways. Please continue to pray for wisdom for my mom...she needs a lot right now!

Love and Prayers,
a very blessed LPP

PS
I have noticed that there is some lurker from Montreal who checks Pals every so often...I am just curious as to who that lurker is if they wish to leave a comment.



posted by donna

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Mrs. Butler...you made me laugh with that little note at the bottom "posted by Donna" ;) As soon as i saw it was up already I thought, "now who was so quick, I wonder?!" Thank you for posting it. Love you lots, LPP--and that looks odd to see me using my pen name when writing you :)

Anonymous said...

I was hanging out at the computer while Vera was napping...hence my ability to be so "quick"...

and you are welcome...

Love,
Mrs. Butler

passing-thru said...

Good post LPP ---

One day at a time ---

Keeping U and Lil Montreal Girl and your family in prayer --

passing-thru

Felisol said...

Dear Little Pilgrim Pal,
I too am praying for you and your family. The wonder of God's strength and faithfulness have kept me going since I lost my precious Dad. I know that you needed your Dad even more.
Well, then I can just pray for God to grant more of his amazing grace to all of you.
He is right there, so close by your right hand.
I have let Pilgrim David's word WAIT, don't WORRY be my guidance this summer.
I send it to you and hope you will find the the Lord will never ever let you down.
From Felisol

Julie (Little Missionary) said...

Hey LPP, good to hear from you again - Lord bless you and your family.

Love and prayers,
Julie - LM