It's always a blessing for me to come to this PILGRIM PALS site and find posts written by some of our dear friends...pilgrim pals. It's OUR site so let's take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to get to know each other, pray for each other and make our needs known.
Hopefully more of our friends will get involved and start posting here as well. If you have some blogging friends who you communicate with and you know and trust their heart, why not give them the username and password so they can become part of the "family".
NOW HERE ARE A FEW REQUESTS, MY FRIENDS:
- Pray for godly wisdom for us as we try to get our heads around the fact that we might have to sell our home. I'm really struggling with the idea although I know that others before me have downsized during difficult financial times and they still realized the blessing of God on their lives and ministries. It's just so hard to think of not being here. if all the Pilgrim Pals came here some time for a retreat you would know what I mean.
- Pray for a financial miracle as we wait on the Lord and trust Him.
- Pray for our sons Matthew (11) and Nathan (10). Carol and I can get anxious when we think of our future (and their's). We are not "spring chickens" by any means and we wonder who will care for them when we're no longer around. They may not be able to live independently due to their challenges.
- Pray for our home church as we vote this weekend on a new pastor. We need to know God's mind and will.
- Pray that I will be able to effectively carry on our ministry of encouragement not only to athletes but to everyone we come in contact with.
David, the Pilgrim
Note: This is a picture of my Bible shelves at my office in Peterborough!