Sunday, June 3, 2007

Praise

Good morning everyone! First, let me say that I think this is a great idea, and I told David it might help me to better at keeping up with my own blog...so let me be one of the first to post on here! :0)

I thought I would share a little about praise...we've been learning a LOT about praise at our little church the past few months, and it is something that I have been trying to incorporate in my daily life. Some days I do better than others but that's okay. One of these days I'll get it!

Basically, in a nut shell, what I've learned is that we are to praise God in EVERYTHING. The good, the bad, etc. we are to offer up the sacrifice of praise...and trust me, when things are going wrong it is a sacrifice! God inhabits the praises of His people, so I'm learning that no matter what happens in my life, praise brings God right into the situation and actually allows me to back away and give control over to Him.

So on this beautiful Lord's day I would like to challenge you all to try praising God ALL THE TIME! The next time something goes wrong, instead of worrying or complaining (and I am so guilty of this!) praise God for the situation and thank Him that He is in control!

"Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name." Hebrews 13:15

No comments: