Friday, July 11, 2008

Back to the Real World

This afternoon I came home from Elim Lodge. Carol drove out to pick me up. As we drove out of the conference grounds I braced myself for my return to the "real world". Re-entry will NOT be easy.

My time there was so rich, meaningful and fulfilling. It's encouraging to be in a setting where the gifts God has granted you are recognized and utilized.

In three weeks I'll go back for another two week period as Chapel Director. Of course I'm looking forward to that. Until then I will continue making our new house a home and try to catch up on my letter writing (epistles) for Epistle Sports Ministries.

Thanks for your prayers, dear friends, and thank you for all the kind birthday messages I received while I was away.

God is good!

~ David, the Pilgrim

2 comments:

Terry said...

Now Pilgrim David...Now that you are back, you had better look at the card that Bernie I left you at my blog and go and look at the one that Jel left you too. Not nice if you don't!!! It is just not a pretty sight!!..Love Terry

passing-thru said...

Well -- let's hope there are "blessings" back in the "real world " as there were in Elim :-)

DO U FEEL OLDER NOW DAVID :-)
now that your heading towards 64

your friend passing-thru