Well, dear friends, it's been a tough week but God is good. Driving to work tonight I saw these encouraging words on the Free Methodist Church in Peterborough:
Life isn't always fair but God is always faithful.
So true! In the midst of our trials He stands forever faithful! Hallelujah!
On the eve of the 31st of August, I want to thank God for 31 things. The list could go on and on but I'll just list 31 things worthy of praise and thanksgiving. I'll add one prayer request as well.
- The faithfulness of God
- His grace and mercy which are amazing
- His salvation which I experienced when I was only 6 years old
- The great and precious promises found in His Word.
- The inspired, inerrant, infallible scriptures.
- The blessed hope of the soon return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
- Godly men who pioneered the gospel and left a legacy for those who come behind
- The testimonies of men like Spurgeon, Taylor, Muller, Moody, Wesley and others
- Godly women like Elisabeth Elliot, Amy Carmichael, Isobel Kuhn and Fanny Crosby
- Godly parents who taught me to love the Lord and follow Him
- The spiritual gifts that God has graciously granted to me
- The power of the Holy Spirit to carry out the Lord's work
- Godly friends who invest in my life and ministry
- Faithful supporters who have encouraged me in the various ministries I'm involved with
- A loving supportive wife who stands with me during the good times and the bad
- The children and grandchildren who God has blessed me with
- The church in which I was raised where I was taught the fundamentals of the faith
- The opportunity to be on staff for several years at The Peoples Church in Toronto
- The trip of a lifetime to Bristol, England earlier this year
- My library of life-changing Christian books
- The calling of God on my life to offer encouragement to athletes
- Friendships with hundreds of professional athletes over the past 30 plus years
- The mentorship of men like Paul Collet and Keith Price
- The fellowship of Pilgrim Pals which God has assembled in the last several months
- A lovely home in the country
- A measure of good health over the years
- The opportunity to own and manage a Christian bookstore for 15 years
- The relationship with Jesus Christ that continues to grow every day
- The joy of working with the Peterborough Petes and the Liftlock Stars hockey teams
- Men like John MacArthur, John Piper and James MacDonald who faithfully contend for the faith
- A relatively sound mind which can recall God's faithfulness over the years
That's my feeble attempt to list 31 things I'm grateful for.
My most pressing prayer request is that God would miraculously provide for our financial needs which are many.
Pilgrim Pals, why not add your list of 31 things you are grateful to God for. And...you can add a prayer request. Go ahead! I'm anxious to read your lists.
Good night, friends!