Thursday, August 30, 2007

31 Things






Well, dear friends, it's been a tough week but God is good. Driving to work tonight I saw these encouraging words on the Free Methodist Church in Peterborough:

Life isn't always fair but God is always faithful.

So true! In the midst of our trials He stands forever faithful! Hallelujah!

On the eve of the 31st of August, I want to thank God for 31 things. The list could go on and on but I'll just list 31 things worthy of praise and thanksgiving. I'll add one prayer request as well.

  1. The faithfulness of God
  2. His grace and mercy which are amazing
  3. His salvation which I experienced when I was only 6 years old
  4. The great and precious promises found in His Word.
  5. The inspired, inerrant, infallible scriptures.
  6. The blessed hope of the soon return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
  7. Godly men who pioneered the gospel and left a legacy for those who come behind
  8. The testimonies of men like Spurgeon, Taylor, Muller, Moody, Wesley and others
  9. Godly women like Elisabeth Elliot, Amy Carmichael, Isobel Kuhn and Fanny Crosby
  10. Godly parents who taught me to love the Lord and follow Him
  11. The spiritual gifts that God has graciously granted to me
  12. The power of the Holy Spirit to carry out the Lord's work
  13. Godly friends who invest in my life and ministry
  14. Faithful supporters who have encouraged me in the various ministries I'm involved with
  15. A loving supportive wife who stands with me during the good times and the bad
  16. The children and grandchildren who God has blessed me with
  17. The church in which I was raised where I was taught the fundamentals of the faith
  18. The opportunity to be on staff for several years at The Peoples Church in Toronto
  19. The trip of a lifetime to Bristol, England earlier this year
  20. My library of life-changing Christian books
  21. The calling of God on my life to offer encouragement to athletes
  22. Friendships with hundreds of professional athletes over the past 30 plus years
  23. The mentorship of men like Paul Collet and Keith Price
  24. The fellowship of Pilgrim Pals which God has assembled in the last several months
  25. A lovely home in the country
  26. A measure of good health over the years
  27. The opportunity to own and manage a Christian bookstore for 15 years
  28. The relationship with Jesus Christ that continues to grow every day
  29. The joy of working with the Peterborough Petes and the Liftlock Stars hockey teams
  30. Men like John MacArthur, John Piper and James MacDonald who faithfully contend for the faith
  31. A relatively sound mind which can recall God's faithfulness over the years

That's my feeble attempt to list 31 things I'm grateful for.

My most pressing prayer request is that God would miraculously provide for our financial needs which are many.

Pilgrim Pals, why not add your list of 31 things you are grateful to God for. And...you can add a prayer request. Go ahead! I'm anxious to read your lists.

Good night, friends!

~ David

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Great is His faithfulness! That's a wonderful list, David...I'll have to post one tomorrow, too.

Still praying,
V.

Terry said...

I will too tomorrow David, but i must tell you that 17 of which I am so thankful for are on the favourite links.
Now I only counted you once and I did not count myself, and even though our Lisa hasn't put her name on the links yet, I had to count her of course and those three blogless pals had to be included too!

Have a good night Pilgrim and you too Vicki..Love Terry

Pilot Mom said...

I'll post mine today --- albeit a little later in the day ---tee hee. :D I know, you are all sleeping soundly and here I am not even to bed yet. It's awful to be in the last time zone.

It will give me ample opportunity to sleep in, and then post my 31 thankfulnesses...of which "sleeping in" will probably be #1! LOL!

So, if ya'll could just keep the praising down to a "dull" roar, I would appreciate it mightily. *muttering* walks away shaking head* What a person has to do to get any sleep around here.... ;)

passing-thru said...

lol on good comments here !

GREAT POST DAVID ---

PRAYING FOR U

Pilgrim Pals said...

Terry:

Thanks for being my right-hand lady, and a great watchdog (in a good sense). I've added Lisa's link, Thoughts from the Teahouse. It was an oversight on my behalf.

Have a great day, PALS!

Much love in Christ,

David

Anonymous said...

Well, Mr. Fisher, I was thinking about things to be grateul for, too...I was thinking of how if it weren't for this stubborn infectio, God would not have gotten through my thick head to close down that business I had for so long, and move on...and yet, I have really enjoyed my time since I've closed it.

I haven't missed
the stress,
the physical labor,
the long hours,
the worry over whether I would lose a customer,
the worry over whether I was not doing enough to gain a customer,
the time spent standing,
the time not spent with my siblings and parents...

Instead,
I have been blessed with
such peace,
time with my siblings and parents,
the enjoyment of walking and being paid for it (it doesn't feel like work!,
learning to trust God no matter what,
...so much more I can't think of off the top of my head!

Sorry, it's not 31 things I'm thankful for, but that is what I was thinking of this morning.

Of course, I'm grateful for each one of you Pals, each of you mean so much to me, and have blessed me in a special way.

God bless you all,
LPP

susanwalkergirl said...

Dear David...thanks for reminding us of God's faithfulness, grace and mercy. At times it's hard to wrap my mind around all that He has done for me. We are so grateful for you dear one. Susan