Monday, August 27, 2007

Regarding Betty



Betty and John at the hospital




I want to thank everybody for praying for Betty.


When Rachel brought her into the emergency, she was weak and having chest pains.


Her pulse was in the 40's and her blood pressure was very low.


After taking blood tests, she was told there was no heart damage but they decided to do more tests just to be certain.


She was sent home about 2:30 in the morning.


Bernie who had left earlier in the evening, came back to the hospital to pick us up.


Thank you so much for praying my dear friends and thank you Passing-thru for posting!


While we waited with Betty, Rachel plugged me and herself into an ipod and we enjoyed a "concert" from The Dove Brother Quartet.


Here is one of my favorite songs by them...


Rachel likes it too...

So there we sat at Betty's bedside being comforted by the words of this beautiful song..


"I Pledge Allegiance To The Lamb"




I pledge allegiance to the Lamb


With all my strength


With all I am


I will seek to honor His commands


I pledge allegiance to the Lamb


I have heard how Christians long ago


Were brought before a tyrants throne


They were told that he


Would spare their lives


If they would renounce


The name of Christ


But one by one they chose to die


The Son of God, they would not deny


Like a great angelic choir sings


I can almost hear their voices ring




Now the years have come


And the years have gone


And the cause of Jesus still goes on


Now our time has come


To count the cost


To reject this world


To embrace the Cross


And one by one let us live our lives


For the One who died to give us life


Till the trumpet sounds on the final day


Let us proudly stand and boldly say


To the Lamb of God who bore my pain


Who took my place


Who wore my shame


I will seek to honor His commands


I pledge allegiance to the Lamb!!




Thanks. I love you all so much!!!...Love Terry

6 comments:

Saija said...

i'm glad there are so many in the body of Christ to carry these concerns to him in prayer ... and knowing them before we even ask, he hears and answers!

((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your sister. You look funny with the ipod. I don't often see "old people" ;) with ipods!

Little Montreal Girl

Terry said...

Yeh..I know very little about ipods. Little Montreal Girl
Bernie has one that is 80 gigs but I don't even give it the time of day.
Rachel's came in very handy though at the hospital.
I LOVE Southern Gospel and I really had to restrain myself from clapping along with the music and giving the boys a standing ovation for this song!
Right as the hosptial!!
Ha!!
I would have been taken away and put into a straight jacket and thrown into the rubber room, if I hadn't of behaved myself!!

When they were singing this song a few years ago in Hamilton Copps Coliseum...there wasn't one person remaining on their seat.
We were all on our feet with our hands in the air, pledging our allegiance to the blessed Lamb of God and you know what Little Montreal Girl?
That is very unusual for Canadians!
The Americans have so many standing ovations it is not even funny.
Us Canadians almost need a stick of dynamite underneath our chairs before we give credit where credit is due!!

Too bad that I am so OLD, eh Little Montreal Girl!!..Love Mrs. Shirkie

Pilot Mom said...

Terry, it is such a privilege to be able to come together in prayer for a need within the body of Christ. Thank you for sharing the need so we could ralley around.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Shirkie,
Your comment to my sister has me laughing!!

I am so glad that your sister is back at home and okay...I hope they found out what was wrong!

LPP

Vicki said...

Glad she's back at home and I'm thankful there wasn't any heart damage. We will keep praying for her, Terry.