Friday, August 31, 2007

My 31 Reasons


Here are reasons I'm thankful.... from 31 to the #1 reason ....


31) The Beginning and the End - Alpha and Omega - God Almighty

30) The Ottawa Senators - NHL Hockey :)

29) Chocolate!

28) The roof over my head

27) My job/the people I work with

26) A comfy bed to sleep in

25) That I have food to eat - plenty of choices

24) My pet dwarf bunny - Noah

23) That I was born in Canada - a free country

22) My pastor who has taken time to meet with me and guide me

21) A good cup of coffee

20) My new church

19) Beautiful flowers which I can see, smell and touch

18) For sunsets, sunrises

17) For our brave Canadian troops

16) For my Pilgrim Pal friends

15) For my friends here in Ottawa

14) For my health

13) For the amazing opportunties I've had to go on mission trips

12) Quiet time

11) Unanswered prayers (sometimes it's for our own good!)

10) Answered prayers

9) God's love

8) God's faithfulness

7) God's protection

6) God's forgiveness - again and again and again

5) God's justice

4) God's Holy Word - Scripture

3) The promise of Eternity with Him

2) Jesus' willingness to suffer and die


And the #1 reason for which I am thankful.....


1) The tomb is EMPTY!!


Julie (LM)

6 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

We are thankful for many of the same things! Expecially chocolate!! I, too, love the sunrises/sunsets with which God blesses us. You have a GREAT list, Julie! :) I'm standing along side your list, too!

Anonymous said...

I posted mine over on my blog....


donna

Anonymous said...

AMEN! These are really good...Now I've got to go check out Donna's.

God bless you,
LPP

Anonymous said...

Can someone please post this for me? Thank you.

Yesterday I bought a used copy of “The Case for Faith” for 2 bucks, and have been reading it whenever I have a spare moment. This section really struck me, and I think it’s something ALL us Pals can gain some encouragement:

“Jesus is there sitting beside us in the lowest places of our lives. Are we broken? He was broken, like bread, for us. Are we despised? He was despised and rejected of men. Do we cry out that we can’t take anymore? He was a man of sorrows, acquainted with grief. Do people betray us? He was sold out himself? Are our tenderest relationships broken? He too was loved and rejected. Do people turn from us? They hid their faces from Him as from a leper.
“Does He descend into all of our hells? Corrie ten Boom wrote, ‘No matter how deep our darkness, He is deeper still.’ He not only rose from the dead, He changed the meaning of death and therefore of all the little deaths- the sufferings that anticipate death and make up parts of it. He is gassed in Auschwitz. He is sneered in Soweto. He is mocked in Northern Ireland. He is enslaved in the Sudan. He’s the one we love to hate, yet to us He has chosen to return love. Every tear we shed becomes His tear. He may not wipe them away yet, but He will.
“In the end, God has only given us partial explanations. Maybe that’s because He saw that a better explanation wouldn’t have been good for us. I don’t know why…
“But He knew Jesus was more than an explanation. He’s what we really need. If your friend is sick and dying, the most important thing he wants is not an explanation; he wants you to sit with him. He’s terrified of being alone more than anything else. So God has not left us alone.
“And for that, I love Him.”

-Peter Kreeft in “The Case for Faith,” by Lee Strobel


Lil Pilgrim Pal

Vicki said...

love your list!!

susanwalkergirl said...

Julie...love reading your list. My favorite...the last one. Indeed...praise Him, praise Him, praise Him. What an awesome God we serve.