Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Desperate and Distracted Today

Well, today was not quite as good as the last two days. And yet, not totally bad after all was said and done. All day - every single minute - I was literally obsessed with thinking about T. ...his salvation mostly, but hey, I have to be honest here - you already know I am strongly attracted to T. also! I know in my heart and gut it isn't what God wants - at least not right now. T. has his own obsessions going - mainly work, work and more work!! He needs to find his true value in Christ. I wanted to email him so bad today, as I want to build the friendship with him to witness to him!

"How then can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?....Romans 10:14

"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news...." Isaiah 52:7

So, between getting my work accomplished today - I prayed desperately all day in my heart - while driving - while working - even in the washroom!! Prayer is good - but it was HARD work today!



I thought often of the scripture, "My grace is sufficient for you......"
2 Corinth. 12:9

And Grace I Got! I did not email T. today.

What a silly battle in light of the other battles going on here with cancer etc! But thank you Pals for letting me air my struggle.

One another note: I'm also desperate for God's direction tonight. At 7 p.m. I will be meeting with my friend Debbie. She is in a lot of turmoil - she attends the church I used to and the "toxicity" of that place is getting to her. But it isn't as easy for her to leave - she has a husband and a child to consider. However, I am highly concerned about her mental health. I want to give godly - wise advise, so please pray for my words to be guided by the Holy Spirit.

Blessings Pals.

Julie (LM)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lord Bless with wisdom Julie --

Terry said...

Tonight is prayer meeting Julie. I will be really praying for Deb... and for Todd's salvation.....love Terry

Julie said...

I am still praying Julie! Just take it one day at a time...even if you have a "bad" day, just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again! I think you will find that it will get easier...

I'm also praying for your friend...just listen to her and encourage her to give it a lot of prayer.

(((Hugs)))

Pilot Mom said...

Praying for Deb..and, Congrats on not emailing T. That was huge! Will continue to pray for you in the area of T. :) ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! Good for you--God's grace IS all-sufficient. I thought of you today while singing a song that goes, "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him...commit your way to the Lord, and He will bring it to pass; trust in Him and He will bring it to pass." Mind you, I had my own struggles as I first thought of someone else when I began singing it, and then I thought of you and your struggle!

I'll be praying for you!

God bless you,
LPP

Vicki said...

Bless you, Julie. Praying. Just rest in Christ and let His Word renew you each day....His grace will lead you.